• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GPO Studio Streamer - things are about to get a lot easier

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio Streamer - things are about to get a lot easier

Some of you may remember the organ postlude I posted a few days ago:

Postlude on "Melanchthon"

The .mp3 file above started as a Finale file, was exported as a midi file, imported into Sonar (with a lot of midi house cleaning) and finally exported as an .mp3 file. Now, I know there are much easier ways to accomplish this, but my point here really is that I took a lot of care cleaning up the midi events in Sonar, adjusting volume levels, note durations, etc., to produce the performance you hear above.

Well, soon things will get a lot easier. Below is the first file posted using the GPO Studio Streamer (beta). The following file was rendered through GPO Studio directly from my Finale score to a .wav file, then simply converted to .mp3.

Postlude on "Melanchthon" streamed from GPO Studio

To keep things as equal as possible, the only plugin used to produce the Sonar rendered file was the Ambience Reverb (Church preset), the same reverb that comes with GPO Studio.

One difference you'll notice between the two files is that the GPO Studio streamed file is a bit hotter. This is because I pulled the faders back a bit in Sonar, in an effort to be kind to low end PC speaker systems (full throttle pipe organs can really rattle those little 3" cones).

You may also notice a difference in the tenuto chords of the postlude's coda section, which can be attributed to Finale's midi implementation of breath, tenuto, staccato, etc. markings. You may get better results using Sibelius or Overture, but whichever notation software you use, .wav files of your scores will be just a mouse click or two away from GPO Studio.

Re: GPO Studio Streamer - things are about to get a lot easier

Hey this sounds great!
    Is this an enhancement we will se in a future release of GPO Studio or is this something you biuld on your own ?

Thx
    GF

Enhancement to the next release of GPO Studio.

As I understand this, though, the \"streamer\" would not \"improve\" those of us using GPO as a VST (inside of Sonar, for example).

There is no advantage in streaming from Studio if you are working with GPO instances inside of your sequencer -- this is really for people who would rather work with GPO Studio and not use other sequencing programs, right?

This is most interesting! Now if I could only figure out how to use Overture and Studio. I think my brain cells are all sleeping here or not enough of them. I really don\'t seem to get it! I am OK in Cubasis but not with Studio and Overture.
    I take it this will not work with Cubasis? Forgive me for the ignorance. It\'s 7am.
    [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Mike Kelley:

There is no advantage in streaming from Studio if you are working with GPO instances inside of your sequencer -- this is really for people who would rather work with GPO Studio and not use other sequencing programs, right?
    Correct...two different ways to work, soon two ways to render your work to an audio file.

Naturally if you're already working in Sonar, Cubase, etc., you can already render (export) your work to audio without leaving your sequencer. But if you're working in a notation software (Finale, Overture, etc.) and running GPO Studio as a VST Host, you'll soon be able to render your work to audio (with excellent results) without leaving your notation environment.

Originally posted by G Rudolph:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Mike Kelley:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Naturally if you\'re already working in Sonar, Cubase, etc., you can already render (export) your work to audio without leaving your sequencer. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wait a minute here. You mean to tell me I\'ve had the means to render to audio in Cubasis all this time? What an idiot I am. But lets face it. What I know about Cubasis, so far, you can read off the head of a pin!
    Now, let me ask you...how is this accomplished in Cubasis!

Originally posted by Styxx:
    Wait a minute here. You mean to tell me I\'ve had the means to render to audio in Cubasis all this time? What an idiot I am. But lets face it. What I know about Cubasis, so far, you can read off the head of a pin!
    Now, let me ask you...how is this accomplished in Cubasis! [/qb]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup. I showed you that when I was over, Mike. Here\'s the refresher course... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Place your L and R markers outside of what you want to record, then go to File > Export > Audio and voila... your tracks are mixed together as a WAV file.

Yes you did...chomp chomp...forgive me...chomp chomp...for not paying more attention...chomp chomp chomp, slurp gulp ahhh...now where was I? Oh yeah right! I\'ll put lunch down for a minute here.
    Like I said. Forgive me for not paying better attention. Thanks for the refresher and hope to see you tonight!
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Mike Kelley:
    As I understand this, though, the \"streamer\" would not \"improve\" those of us using GPO as a VST (inside of Sonar, for example).

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">that may very well be. I think that if Gary, Tom and crew are making improvements to GPO Studio, there is one area that they could improve it to the point of making it be the preferred way to use GPO. If they were to build midi oriented filtering capabilities into it..so that someone could use virtually any sequencer and be able to turn pitch bend into mod wheel and all the other midi filters people have been talking about on here..through GPO Studio... Kinda like building maestroTools into it... Then you\'d have my attention..

Go Back to forum