• Register
  • Help

Topic: DP4 Users Using GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark

DP4 Users Using GPO Studio

Just installed GPO with on my Mac with DP 4.12 (with some help from Gary). Curious whether any DP4 users are succesfully running the downloadable update \"GPO Studio\" vs. just separate instances of the Kontakt player. Does one have to use any special wrappers because it is a VST?

Re: DP4 Users Using GPO Studio

I don\'t think GPO studio is a VST. It is a VST \"host\" and it hosts 8 instances of GPO VST inside it.

It may or my not be possible to use GPO STudio together with DP.. There are several freeware or shareware programs out there that will let you create virtual midi inputs and outputs...in order to route the output from DP into GPO studio. Then you need virtual audio too..and there are shareware or freeware solutions for that too. Use google, can\'t remember names right now.

Then you would pipe the audio back into DP.

Unless GPO Studio eventually supports Rewire or something similar..I believe that is the only way to use DP and Studio together...

However... why wouldn\'t you just run 8 instances of the AU plugin?

Aplanchard, I use GPO with DP as an AU. It works fine that way. I\'ve not felt the need to do anything else.

Thanks for the info dewdman. Hey Karl, with DP are you using GPO inside GPO Studio?

Originally posted by aplanchard:
    Thanks for the info dewdman. Hey Karl, with DP are you using GPO inside GPO Studio?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t believe you can GPO Studio inside DP. Anyway, I don\'t feel the need. Using the AU version of GPO, I set up the instrumentation with however many instances of Kontakt it takes (within reason). Then I save the setup as a template in DP. For instance I have a template set up for the strings and harpsichord that I\'m using in the Vivaldi Concerto for Guitar that I\'m in the middle of working on. Someday, when I get around to recording some of the other Vivaldi Concertos, I\'ll have a good start with all my settings saved.

Hope this helps.

aplanchard,

GPO studio is for people without sequencers (like notation users or for those who want to run GPO separately on a computer).
    GPO should show up in your instruments list in DP and you use it as a plug-in. Just load an instrument in each track you create. It should be straightforward and, if its not, give me a call and I\'ll guide you through it.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum