• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OK, here is an off the wall idea for all of you!

Share/Bookmark

OK, here is an off the wall idea for all of you!

What if say, one of you starts a piece, saves it to midi 01 file, sends it to another and this person adds to it, saves it again to 01, sends it to another and so on and so on. At some point it would have to come back to the originator for posting.
    Sounds crazy right? Got any people game enough to try it even with a small group of say four or five? You would have to decide on the sequencer that all would use to avoid any problems using multiples.
    Well? If it don\'t sound like a fun thing to try just ignore this.

Don’t be layin’ none of that Jive Cosmic Debris!

Re: OK, here is an off the wall idea for all of you!

I\'ve done something similar with more contemporary instruments (drums, guitar, bass, etc.), but it would be interesting to try with a full orchestra.

I\'m working on a similar thing with a two friends of mine. But we have a different samples so we exchange mp3 files. It will probably end up as GPO/Silver/Edirol mix [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    We\'ll see, tomorrow should be my turn...

Styxx,

Francesco suggested this to me in an e-mail a couple of days ago, he is reformating right now and is offline for a little while but perhaps he can kick us all off in the right direction when he gets back. He had some cool ideas for making a Universal User\'s Demo...

I would LOVE to participate in colaborative GPO projects such as this, for a couple of reasons. For me and I\'m sure many other people in this forum, half the reason for getting GPO is to learn orchestration, through practice. I\'ve read the books, now I need to apply the theory.

The nice thing is that several people can all use GPO and be on the same page in terms of instrumentation. And can learn from each other about orchestration AND also about GPO production tricks.

Count me in for any colaborative projects that happen.

Count me in! I\'m working with Cubase SX 1.06 but we should be able to use midi file transfers between different setups right? Might take a little set up work but would be great fun. We\'d also have to make sure that someone doesnt start it with a template that is too big for another person\'s system to handle. I know that I can fill about 4 players full of standard strings, brass, and woodwinds. I dont know if I could handle the pianos or harps in addition. Just something to keep in mind but let\'s seriously do this. I\'m ready any time someone wants to start or I\'d be happy to start it off myself. (I\'d be an easy act to follow)

Eric W

I think standard midi file format is the best way to go. A little less convenient for some aspects..but its truly the only way to include the most people and the point of all of this is to share experience and learn from each other..

A collaberative GPO project. What a great idea!
    We are putting together a webpage called GPO exchange and this would be an ideal project.

Standard MIDI is probably the way to go so everyone can open and work with it. We could also have separate versions for the popular formats.
    Standard templates perhaps could be made in GPO Studio so that everone has the same setups.

Lets do this. Any ideas of what sort of piece we can start with?

Gary Garritan

[PS: Styxx - for a dead guy you sure have lively ideas [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Hey everyone,

If this happens, I am definately in. It would be an excellent collaboration and extremely fun.

As for the style, I don\'t really know.

[PS: Styxx - for a dead guy you sure have lively ideas )

(Shouldn\'t it be, for a river... you have lively ideas!! )? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jonny

Go Back to forum