• Register
  • Help

Topic: some additional GPO program for you

Share/Bookmark

some additional GPO program for you

www.alchemystudio.it/docs/GPOprograms.zip (~60k)

from the \"readme\" of the zip file:
    These programs were created with NI Kontakt, and will work only if you own the library \"Garritan Personal Orchestra\"

Nothing special, but maybe useful: i just created some brass \"section\" by overlaying the different samples from the different ENS program.

For example:

\"french horn 1 3xens\" means that the 3 programs \"french horn 1 ens 1\", \"french horn 1 ens 2\", \"french horn 1 ens 3\" are combined to form a single patch that will occupy only one GPO slot and to play at unison. this means that you will loose the possibiltiy of using independently the three soloist and of using the VAR1, VAR2, Portamento commands for each single French Horn player. But this patch could be useful when you just need \"the sound\" produced by the section, and don\'t want to dig maniacally into the fine tuning of the performance.
    The same concept apply with trombones and trumpet. In the patches with \"OVL\" mark i also layered the \"overlay\" samples to the ensemble sounds.
    The normal programming of GPO is not modified.

The other two programs provided are
    Bass Drum Sus
    Basic Orch Perc Combo 2
    In these ones i only modified the lenght of the Bass Drum sustain. now it is much more longer and you can activate a sort of \"damping\", that meas stop the sound, by pressing the sus pedal. The bass drum is the only sound modified in the \"Basic Orch Perc Combo 2\".

in order to use it, you have to just unzip the different patches (with the corresponding txt file) in the appropriate directory where you have installed the different GPO instrumens.

Re: some additional GPO program for you

Bosone,
    this is great !! Good job!

I don\'t know the limitations of the Kontakt sampler but I think 2 things would be really useful for the GPO:

1 - to have the Overlay only playing over a defined threshold in velocity
    2 - to have a shorter attack in Short Bow Strings instruments (for very fast passages). I think you can only do this working with a \"sample start\" parameter.

I don\'t know if Kontakt supports velocity crossfade and \"samplestart\" parameters.
    If it does these would be tremendous add-on (at least for me).

Anyway thank you very much for these patches.

GF

Thanks bosone, I will give \'em a try.

Malte

Bosone,
    I\'ve tried your patches and I found particularly useful the Trumpet Section.
    Anyway I\'ve found some strange things but maybe this is due to my configuration.
    I have GPO installed on drive C and the new patches are looking for samples in drive E. No big deal, GPO is able to automatically find the samples in C.
    The problem is with Overlayed patches and with the 6 trumpet section where GPO is totally unable to find the samples.
    Is it just me ?

Thank in advance
    GF

P.S. Based on your name in the readme file I suspect you\'re Italian. I\'m Italian too, so CIAO e Grazie Mille.

1 - to have the Overlay only playing over a defined threshold in velocity
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">this is definetly not a problem, at least to set a particular velocity. what should be the threshold velocity, in your opinion?

2 - to have a shorter attack in Short Bow Strings instruments (for very fast passages). I think you can only do this working with a \"sample start\" parameter.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">regarding this i don\'t know if it could be implemented, because the attack is in the samples, and you cannot make it \"shorter\"... if the sample starts at the beginning, you cannot make it start before!
    maybe it\'s possible to add some \"Punch\" in the initial attack phase by increasing a bit the volume. anyway i\'ll try!

Originally posted by GF:
    [QB] Bosone,
    I have GPO installed on drive C and the new patches are looking for samples in drive E. No big deal, GPO is able to automatically find the samples in C.
    The problem is with Overlayed patches and with the 6 trumpet section where GPO is totally unable to find the samples.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">don\'t know, maybe gary have an answer... but i have the GPO library in drive E, so that can be the matter!
    but i don\'t have any clues regarding the trumpet and the overlay...
    if other users reports the same problem i\'ll check again!

P.S. Based on your name in the readme file I suspect you\'re Italian. I\'m Italian too, so CIAO e Grazie Mille.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">si, sono proprio italiano! parmigiano per l\'esattezza! (yes, i\'m italian, from Parma!)
    ciao!

Ciao Matteo,
    regarding the overlay crossfade I think a threshold around 96 should work pretty well.

As for the short bow attack you\'re right. I was only wondering what would happen only cutting a very short part of the it (the original attack seems to me only a bit too large for fast passages).
    I\'ll check if a trial version of Kontakt is available in order to do some experiment on my own.

I\'ll let you know!

Ciao
    GF

P.S. Io sono di Varese (I\'m from Varese)

Originally posted by GF:
    As for the short bow attack you\'re right. I was only wondering what would happen only cutting a very short part of the it (the original attack seems to me only a bit too large for fast passages).
    I\'ll check if a trial version of Kontakt is available in order to do some experiment on my own.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">this can be a good idea. i must admit now i didn\'t understood well what you was asking for!! :-)
    unfortunately, the trial version of kontakt won\'t let you to load the GPO program, as version 1.5 or higher is required and the NI demo, for some obscure reason, is the 1.2

Matteo,

Thanks for sharing these additional programs for GPO. These will be a benefit for other users.

The concern about drive E has to do with a limitation of Kontakt which uses absolute paths rather than relative paths.

I appreciate your posting these. Try not to do too good a job as Tom might get a little jealous of your programming skills. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum