• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanks for my Personal Orchestra and listen to this sample of Mahler

Share/Bookmark

Thanks for my Personal Orchestra and listen to this sample of Mahler

I bought GPO a month ago and I can\'t stay away from it, I use every single minute of my spare time in this new toy. I realized that most of the sucess of getting great renderings is good mixing, reverb and EQ.

I did this first minute of the second movement of Mahler\'s Symphony No. 5. It took me one day to transcribe the score into Sibelius, then export to midi, do expression and recording in Cakewalk, then mixing and effects in Cool Edit. I learned a lot in orchestration, acoustics and mixing. Here my result:

http://www.charlesk.net/mahler5-2GPO.mp3

Well, it doesn\'t have alterations in tempo as it should. Leonard Bernstein would say that I can play the notes, but Mahler is not here [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ... It doesn\'t matter, I\'ll learn to conduct later. At least I know I have an orchestra that can play anything for $250 bucks [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Thanks, Garritan!
    Thanks Garritan for

Re: Thanks for my Personal Orchestra and listen to this sample of Mahler

Originally posted by Charles Keledjian:
    Thanks Garritan for
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">For... for... for what??? Ack! I need that closure... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, this sounds nice. There is a strange echo on the note 3 seconds into it. Sounds cool, but is that supposed to be like that?

Re: Thanks for my Personal Orchestra and listen to this sample of Mahler

Charles,

Good work, especially for the first time use of GPO and using a notation program. Very good moments in your rendition. I hope you develop this further and post more of your work.

Thanks for posting this,

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum