• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Viking Anthem, parts I & II

Share/Bookmark

Viking Anthem, parts I & II

Only spent an hour recording the parts for this thing, but then spent the next three days trying to actually get it out a a WAV (per my other recent threads). Now that it\'s all figured out, thanks to help from the forum, here\'s an MP3. It conjures up images of some kind of epic Viking sea saga, though I don\'t think the Vikings had trumpets, eh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Very short, very simple, but I\'m taking baby steps with this program and trying different little pieces of things to get the hang of it before I try a more extended piece.

Re: Viking Anthem, parts I & II

Originally posted by Shazbot:
    It conjures up images of some kind of epic Viking sea saga, though I don\'t think the Vikings had trumpets, eh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Very short, very simple, but I\'m taking baby steps with this program and trying different little pieces of things to get the hang of it before I try a more extended piece.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Shazbot,

Very well done. It does conjur up images of an epic Viking sea saga. Although Vikings didn\'t have trumpets as we know them today, they did have those horns on their helmets which perhaps served as makeshift horn instruments. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I hope you develop and extend this piece further. thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

I thought it very nicely done and impressive indeed. I second the motion for you to develop the piece. You have some intriguing motifs established that would lend themselves extremely well to compression and expansion in a development.

Kudos too for a very \"live\" sound.

Vanderbeng

It made me want to plunder, but not pillage. So, I think we\'ll need more... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ll put on the horny helmet tonight (!), and try to continue further into the pillaging section. Hide your spoils!!

Thanks for the encouragement. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

shazbot,
    Nice! Very nice! Let\'s hear some more!

Here is the long-awaited, highly-debated and cheese grated next section of the Viking Anthem. Okay, it\'s not really any of those things, but it does feature the wind machine, so that\'s cool. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I believe this would be the stormy voyage part of the Viking quest. Still no pillaging yet, but they\'re on their way.

Question: So far, this piece has used up exactly two full instances of GPO (16 instruments) in Cubasis. I just tried to add a third instance to include another instrument and it wouldn\'t let me. Something about no mixer channels left? I\'ve searched some threads here and read that apparently Cubasis is supposed to be able to take 4 instances of GPO, for a total of 32 instruments. Any idea what the problem is?

Or maybe should I just reconnect everything through GPO Studio instead of using GPO as a VSTi, which is how I had connected GPO in Cubasis before GPO Studio came along? Hmmm, perhaps I\'ll try that.

Thanks,
    Shaz

I got shiwers!
    I had no idea the windmachine could sound so cool.. i must try that one.

VERY WELL DONE! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Crackbaby:
    \"I got shiwers!
    I had no idea the windmachine could sound so cool.. i must try that one.\"

A good use of wind machine (to give forum members
    who are unfamiliar with it\'s use an idea of it\'s sound and function within the orchestra)is the \"Sinfonia Anartica\" of Vaughn Williams.

If I was up to it and had the score, I\'d do a GPO version....maybe someday soon.

Go Back to forum