• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I install GPO on 2 PCs ?

Share/Bookmark

Can I install GPO on 2 PCs ?

I\'d just like to know if I can install my GPO copy on my 2nd PC in addition to my first install : it would be more confortable to use it also on my remote computer (in V-Stack) .
    It seems that N.I gives authorizations for its players/softwares on 2 computers, but before installing, I\'d just like to make sure that it won\'t be a useless move (call me lazy if you want)
    Thanks in advance !

Re: Can I install GPO on 2 PCs ?

Thanks Gary,
    great news !
    I will do it this sunday.

Okay. And if you can have GPO on two CPUs how do you get the sounds from the second into your sequencer (say Cubase SX2) on system 1?

Or am I missing the point?

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] kev

I use FXTeleport which allows you to use VST plugins on the remote machine as if it\'s on your main host machine. It sends MIDI to the 2nd machine and Audio comes back from the machine over a LAN network connection. No MIDI is required and a soundcard is not needed on the 2nd machine.

sirbellog

Yes, you can install GPO on two computers. You will be able to authorize the second install with Native Instruments.

Gary Garritan

I have GPO on my Mac, where I use it, and on my primary studio PC, where it is not going to get much use except as an \'overflow\' system when Giga (on yet another PC) and the Mac instanciations are full up.

But now I find I will be going on a week-lomg cruise in a couple of months and would like to bring my laptop with GPO and an oxygen8 (the Jeremy Soule solution.) Is a third install authorized? I saw nothing in the licence restricting the install count as long as it\'s for the same person, but I see references to 2 installs here on the board. What\'s the scoop? If need be, I can uninstall from the PC, but it would be a pain...

Thanks.

Dasher

Hi there, FXTeleport fans!

Update from my \"front\". I finally got past my network woes (hadn\'t really fully installed TCP/IP between my two systems) and today got connectivity between a \"sample VST\" (running on my \"utility\" system acting as \"server\" and being used in Cubase SX2 as an instrument). Latency within bounds.

HOWEVER, buoyed by this success, I then started to install GPO on my \"utility\" box. I selected \"VST only\" (as I don\'t need any of the other features on this box) and the installation stops after only going through CD 1. (I thought I remeembered the Installation asking for a directory for the \"sample\" files, and it never did.)

I\'m going to try un-installing and doing it again.

Any ideas?

kev

Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    I have GPO on my Mac, where I use it, and on my primary studio PC, where it is not going to get much use except as an \'overflow\' system when Giga (on yet another PC) and the Mac instanciations are full up.

But now I find I will be going on a week-lomg cruise in a couple of months and would like to bring my laptop with GPO and an oxygen8 (the Jeremy Soule solution.) Is a third install authorized? I saw nothing in the licence restricting the install count as long as it\'s for the same person, but I see references to 2 installs here on the board. What\'s the scoop? If need be, I can uninstall from the PC, but it would be a pain...

Thanks.

Dasher
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Unregistering a license is easy at the NI registration center on-line. But from what I understand, once you unregister a computer\'s license, you can not register that computer again. Better check this out to make sure.

Additional expert advice. If you are taking the cruise with your wife, leave the laptop at home. Divorce lawyers are much more expensive than Jeremy Soule. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Additional expert advice. If you are taking the cruise with your wife, leave the laptop at home. Divorce lawyers are much more expensive than Jeremy Soule.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the warning, but I am a fortunate man - my wife understands and supports my music (ultimate test: dear, I need to go into our bank account for a SECOND Hammond organ. And it was OK, she just wanted to know why i needed 2 - one for the gig, one for the studio - and she was totally cool with it!)

But I\'m still not clear - where in the licence agreement am I restricted to two installs? I cannot find the reference.

Dasher

lol... ultimate test in my case:
    me: I\'m composing, so please let me concentrate
    her: okay, I\'ll go do something else then
    gf starts vacuming

of course, she didn\'t really understand the effects of vacuming right next to a composer.. during composition. lol

sorry for the OT.

Go Back to forum