• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: If I could have but one wish for GPO Studio...

Share/Bookmark

If I could have but one wish for GPO Studio...

...it would be the ability to render to .wav.

I work two ways in my studio, depending on the type of music I\'m composing.

If I\'m doing Soundscape, New Age, Ambient type music, I work directly in Sonar from the start.

But most of my commissioned work is for classical choral music. So in that case, I do all my work in Finale first. Now, GPO Studio has been great...just what I\'ve been wishing for all these years, and the performances I can produce working in Finale only, are very acceptable to me. But in order to produce .wav or .mp3 to put up on my website or send to a client, I have to go through the process of exporting a midi file from Finale, importing the midi into Sonar, fixing the glitches that inevitably occur, and then exporting to .wav or .mp3 from Sonar.

So, of all the other GPO Studio enhancements I\'ve mentioned or read about in this Forum\'s posts, this would be the most helpful to me.

Oh, and by the way, Gary, (I\'d even pay for it).

Re: If I could have but one wish for GPO Studio...

I don\'t know if this helps. However, have you tried recording your completed work to CDR, then re sampling it to wave or mp3 converter software? I use Sonic Foundry Acid 4.0. It works perfectly in preserving the way the project was finalized. Also, if need be, you can always use Sound Forge to enhance the overall mix. Once your project is in Acid 4.0 you can render it in any form for sending over the Internet. Plus, Acid is stable, user-friendly software! I wouldn\'t be without it.

How would you record it to CDR? I\'m also interested in the same thing - I use a basic notation program, playing the sounds through GPO, but I\'d like to be able to record at a decent sampling rate to CD.

There are a number of ways. One, if you have an external CDR recorder, is to record direct. I use a Tascam CDRW 2000. Use the stereo output (either digital or analog) from your sound card to the deck and record in real time. If you have and auto mode on the external just hit play in your software. I can assure you the sound quality is not lost. Finalize the CDR and then copy it to your hard drive on your Mac or PC. It should save in waveform and if you have a wave to mp3 converter installed you can convert or uses as is. The reason I do it this way is because my Cakewalk program will not save the GPO settings and all is lost if I try from there. Next, I take the wave file and export it to Acid 4.0. There I can add to it or remix then render it in any form to send through the Internet.
    Always save the file as a new project. I hope I explained this clear enough? But I am with you on the idea of adding this feature into GPO. Make it alot easier.

Originally posted by G Rudolph:
    If I could have but one wish for GPO Studio... ...it would be the ability to render to .wav. ...

Oh, and by the way, Gary, (I\'d even pay for it).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We are working hard to make your wish come true... and you won\'t even have to pay for it.
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

Originally posted by Styxx:
    Check this site out! I think this will be our answer. http://spider.nrcde.ru/music/software/eng/vac.html
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you use Windows XP, you might experience some difficulty getting VAC to work properly. For me it caused GPO/Cubasis to crash, and since then I haven\'t been able to completely uninstall VAC.

Rich

QUOTE]We are working hard to make your wish come true... and you won\'t even have to pay for it.
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thank you Gary, that would be wonderful! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Check this site out! I think this will be our answer. http://spider.nrcde.ru/music/software/eng/vac.html

We are testing the new \"GPO Studio streamer\". This will give you the ability to to render to .wav using GPO Studio and your notation program.

This will be free to all GPO users (except Mac users . . . only kidding [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Gary Garritan

This will be free to all GPO users (except Mac users . . . only kidding )
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">you bastard [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

cb

Go Back to forum