• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO presets not getting saved

Share/Bookmark

GPO presets not getting saved

I am working on a big piece using seven instances of GPO to accommodate various instrumental groupings. This is in Sonar3.

I save my work but next time I load it up the instruments have disappeared from GPOs 2 and 3 - they just show Empty. 1 and 4 to 7 are OK!

So now, having reinstalled the missing instruments, I give each combo a title and click on the save icon (representing floppy disk).

Next time I load up the work, not only are GPOs 2 and 3 empty again, but selecting the names I just saved them under brings up - nothing.

Am I missing something? This is getting very frustrating.

Re: GPO presets not getting saved

You should not have to save the instrument setups in the plugin. Sonar will save all of your instruments and settings with the song. Make sure you just save the song after making changes. The next time you start the song, Sonar should load all instances with all your settings.

Haydn -

I agree with you - Sonar should save everything. But it doesn\'t! That\'s why I\'m asking.

And isn\'t it peculiar that it\'s always numbers 2 and 3, not the rest?

Haven\'t run into this issue and I\'ve had up to 11 instances loaded. Are these VST or DXi plugins?

Haydn -

DXi. I even tried removing them and replacing them, still no joy.

Are you there, Tom or Gary?

I would recommend using the VST version which is what I use. The DXi version has a nasty tempo change bug which screws up note lengths. Sonar 3 comes with the VST adapter. Install the VST version of GPO and then run the VST adapter without Sonar running. After adding the VST, then start Sonar. The VST\'s are found under the DXi plugins but in the VST section at the bottom of the list. This may resolve your issue.

Go Back to forum