• Register
  • Help

Topic: Modify Vibrato rate - Solo violins in GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Modify Vibrato rate - Solo violins in GPO?

The vibrato rate seem too high (too much vibrato) for my taste. Is there any way to reduce it in GPO?

Fred

Re: Modify Vibrato rate - Solo violins in GPO?

The vibrato rate is recorded into the samples. I\'m not aware of any solo string library that gives you decent control of vibrato without artificial LFOs. If you had the full version of Kontakt you could try the time machine feature, but it may not sound natural.

With our upcoming solo strings project - we have an innovative technique to do this called \"vibrato control\".

Gary Garritan

Yes...it is really a pitty that these solo strings have such an intrusive vibrato. Although it seems to be played real it sounds artificial and no solo string player would play in that way. It merges quite good with string ensembles...but for a string solo it is an overkill. I would like to see an update with at least one solo violin patch where the tone is modulated as e.g. some of the very felicitous woodwind solo instruments. A tone that starts without a vibrato and begins slowly to vibrate.

I\'m messing around with GPO (got it some hours ago) and yes, the vibrato depth in the solo violins makes them only really useful for lyrical passages.
    However, as gigalove pointed, they layer incredibly well (it seems a lot about GPO is layering)
    I made this fast test layering the 3 solo violins, and I quite like the nice sound you can achieve with a simple copy and paste
    www.telefonica.net/web/nrz/violins.mp3

Originally posted by Garritan:

With our upcoming solo strings project - we have an innovative technique to do this called \"vibrato control\".

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gary Garritan, could you tell us a bit more. I had decided on buying the VSL solo strings when another search turned up this thread.

Do you mean control of vibrato whilst the sample is playing back? And is it vibrato rate or depth or both that is controllable? Is all the vibrato sampled or is there sample \"modelling\" going on. Does it sound good? Are these all new samples or does it make use of GPO samples. Any demos yet?

Most importantly: When and How Much?

Martin

I second this question. I, too, have thought about getting the VSL solo strings, but this might well be worth waiting for.

I third that, so that makes three.

Seriously though, I would be grateful for the info, so that I can make a decision.

Go Back to forum