• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: I scored my short film with GPO... check it out!

Share/Bookmark

I scored my short film with GPO... check it out!

Over the last few days I created a computer-animated short film with 3DS Max. Naturally I turned to the wonderful GPO when preparing to do my score -- this was, after all, the main purpose for which I bought GPO in the first place.

I\'m very happy with how it worked out. The only limitation, of course, was my own musical skill (or the lack of it).

Check it out, and tell me what you think! You may have to save the movie by copying & pasting the URL since it\'s not my bandwidth -- I\'m borrowing from a gracious friend.

http://www.cramato.com/schmuckfeatures/mothertrucker1.avi
    Mirror: http://www.everpresent.org/SA/mothertrucker1.avi

Unfortunately the AVI audio is only 22khz mono, but higher-quality MP3s of the music are available at Soundclick, and here\'s the URL:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/idiotsymphonyorchestramusic.htm

(Note -- I call my one-man band \"Idiot Symphony Orchestra\" as a self-deprecating reference to the quality of my composing skill, not as a critique of GPO. I love GPO, it\'s great. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Enjoy!

Re: I scored my short film with GPO... check it out!

Just getting the day started: wasn’t looking forward to it: watched your film: laughed: showed my wife: laughed louder: showed my son: even more laughs. My day now will be much brighter. Thanks for posting.

Oh yeah, the music compliments the film perfectly. Super work.

rofl

the last sequence is great [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    The music fits ok, when it first appear in the orange car shot makes you think it\'s going to be a dramatic movie, which makes even more funny the end!

I could see the opening credits and can hear what seems to be all of the audio, but none of the picture shows up - second card fades to black and never fades up with the show. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I\'m using Windows Media Player 9 on a PC, and haven\'t gotten any codec errors or anything.

The opening sounds nice!

seriously one of the most amazing things i\'ve ever seen!
    i can\'t stop re-watching it, it\'s that good.

the score really fits in that tongue in cheek kinda way, which i\'m a big fan of. it works well with the sound design too.

don\'t be concerned with any musical limitation in terms of technical ability. you seem to have great musical sensibility which is often more important when scoring to visual.

great job. this is my type of comedy. i want to see/hear more.

Wow. Funny movie. The score sounds GREAT. Another good example that GPO can definitely do \"Hollywood\" scores.

I downloaded it earlier today, but just got sound. Then when I just tried again, I get bad links on both sites.

-- Martin

Very nice! Good work!
    bye
    Michael

Glad you guys liked it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not sure why it might not be working for some of you. It uses the DivX codec, you might want to try downloading that.

Thanks again guys! I\'ll let you know when I complete my next one.

Bill,

Absolutely incredible! This must have taken forever to do. Excellent use of 3DS Max and skillfull creative use of GPO. The music works exceptionally well with the film. Thanks for the credit.

I would recommend everyone to see this. It uses the DivX Codec which is available at http://www.divx.com/divx/ This will allow Window Media Player to play the film.

After a hectic day, this was very enjoyable to watch. Excuse me, but I\'m going to watch again. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing this! I hope you win an award with this short film.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast