• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Virtual Harp

Share/Bookmark

The Virtual Harp

Here\'s something I thought you may enjoy

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/harp2.swf

It is not meant to be an accurate demo of the either of the GPO harps. This is intended to be used as a learning tool and for fun.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: The Virtual Harp

Love plucking away on the strings Gary, cool little Flash file!

What a riot!

I have never actually seen or played an orchestral harp in person. Being a pianist, they have always intrigued me since they sound much like a soft piano sometimes. Also, I think the harps in GPO are probably the most mis-understood of all of the instruments in the library.
    I think it would be cool to develop a real \"virtual\" harp that could teach the workings and basic playing technique for the harp. Something tells me that this is what you had in mind when you did the little \"toy\" flash demo. Let me know if I can help!

Originally posted by Gromit:
    I have never actually seen or played an orchestral harp in person. Being a pianist, they have always intrigued me since they sound much like a soft piano sometimes. Also, I think the harps in GPO are probably the most mis-understood of all of the instruments in the library.
    I think it would be cool to develop a real \"virtual\" harp that could teach the workings and basic playing technique for the harp. Something tells me that this is what you had in mind when you did the little \"toy\" flash demo. Let me know if I can help!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gromit,

The piano actually evolved from the harp. You have a good idea of a virtual harp to teach harp playing technique. Pedaling is one of the most important things in learning to play the harp. Now if I can just figure out how to incorporate some virtual pedals. We\'ll be posting more virtual instruments soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

Hehe. Nice toy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I would like to say that the GPO harps are very nice. Especially the second harp. They\'re probably my favorite instruments in the collection. You could easily get away with selling them as Gigaharp 2.0 Gary. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You can use the computers keyboard in flash, it is not that hard to do.

Very nice!
    You are doing too much, it\'s becoming difficult to follow all the news!

Gary, did you do that harp demo yourself?

I agree with others in the fourm that Gary needs to take a nice vacation from all of this. I would not want further development of his products to be hindered by sleep deprevation [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But, I fully understand the passion that goes into his work.

Go Back to forum