• Register
  • Help

Topic: Studio upgrade for other computer?

Share/Bookmark

Studio upgrade for other computer?

Does anyone know if there are plans for upgrading \"GPO Studio\" for receiving midi from the midi ports? I would like to continue sequencing in OS9 and use my PC as my sequencer.

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: Studio upgrade for other computer?

Rick,

You can do this now already, with GPO. There are a couple of options I can think of.

First, you could use a VST host on the PC, like Bidule (www.plogue.com) - which I used during the beta testing, and it\'s still free, I think.

Another PC host you could use is Steinberg\'s V-Stack, which I also use, but it\'s commercial software, around $50 ?

Second, I think GPO studio itself will work like this on PC, though I haven\'t tried it yet. It might require some sort of \'midi-router\' to make it interface OK. I\'ll look into this in the next couple of days as I get time. Or, maybe someone else already has the answer?

Trond

Re: Studio upgrade for other computer?

Originally posted by dnortana:
    Rick,

You can do this now already, with GPO. There are a couple of options I can think of.

First, you could use a VST host on the PC, like Bidule (www.plogue.com) - which I used during the beta testing, and it\'s still free, I think.

Another PC host you could use is Steinberg\'s V-Stack, which I also use, but it\'s commercial software, around $50 ?

Second, I think GPO studio itself will work like this on PC, though I haven\'t tried it yet. It might require some sort of \'midi-router\' to make it interface OK. I\'ll look into this in the next couple of days as I get time. Or, maybe someone else already has the answer?

Trond
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks, I\'ll be looking forward to more answers then, and I\'ll check out Bidule.

Rick

Go Back to forum