• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hope Gary doesn't mind if I...

Share/Bookmark

Hope Gary doesn\'t mind if I...

...post this site offering an INCREDIBLE price for GPO. (With free shipping, no less!)

http://www.prostudiomusic.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PM&Category_Co de=GGSNDS

I ordered mine today. The guy told me they\'d receive their shipment within the next few days and ship it out immediately.
    What a find!

Re: Hope Gary doesn\'t mind if I...

Are we still in the introductory period? I have seen other online stores selling GPO for less than $249. This just happened to be the lowest price I found.

Competition is a GOOD thing, right?

P.S. I have no affiliation with the above referenced site. (except my recent order of GPO. Can\'t wait to get it!!)

Dunno, maybe there\'s been a change in policy. But I can\'t imagine that Garritan would let their distributers undercut them. [shrugs]

Actually, it happens all the time. You let the distributor/retailer sell at a lower price, because if you don\'t, then what incentive is there for someone to buy it from them instead of you? Why would you buy GOP or any other Garritan product from a retailer when you can get the same one from Gary? So the retailer sells it a bit cheaper, and you, the developer, hope they will sell many, many more than you could with your limited ad money/visibility. OTOH, you and I may wish to pay a little more by buying directly from the developer, because then we know that 100% of our money is going to them, unlike when we buy from the retailer, who obviously takes a cut...

Clear? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well, I just upgraded to Sibelius 3 from 1.4, then found out I could have gotten the upgrade cheaper at another online store. Does Sibelius (or Gary) care as long as product is being sold? I would imagine GPO is sold at the same price to all distributors so it makes money. (which it should!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It seems there\'s a bug in the website or something.

Also, if they\'re advertising anything other than the introductory price of $249, I think they\'d be contravening their agreement to maintain a minimum advertised price (MAP). My guess is that they won\'t be a Garritan reseller for long.

\"... you and I may wish to pay a little more by buying directly from the developer, because then we know that 100% of our money is going to them, unlike when we buy from the retailer, who obviously takes a cut...\"

In Gary\'s case I wholeheartedly agree. I believe in supporting his efforts directly, especially since he obviously could have charged double for GPO but he is also in this to promote more and better tools for every musician. He really has set the orchestral soundware business on it\'s ear with his pricing and service...

Originally posted by atye:
    ...post this site offering an INCREDIBLE price for GPO. (With free shipping, no less!)

http://www.prostudiomusic.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PM&Category_Co de=GGSNDS

I ordered mine today. The guy told me they\'d receive their shipment within the next few days and ship it out immediately.
    What a find!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Since Gary is paying for the existence of this forum I don\'t think it\'s fair to post prices that undercut his prices on this particular forum. It would be like going into the parking lot at Target and putting up a big billboard advertising a sale at Walmart. That\'s my opinion anyway.

Looper

I don\'t know, for 20 bucks I\'d just rather buy from Garritan himself. He seems to have the best shipping around. All the distributors seem to have this wait (either for the product or they\'re out of stock, or some other excuse). What\'s twenty bucks when you\'re buying such a great library for next to nothing anyway. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum