• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS basic help needed pls...

Share/Bookmark

GOS basic help needed pls...

OK - finally getting around to scoring some tracks using GOS...

I have some basic questions that aren\'t very clear to me despite reading the manual and tutorials, etc.

I have an ALT VAR instrument loaded and I want it to automatically alternate the bow strokes. I have set the corresponding Midi Channels settings in Maestro Tools as follows:

PATCH TYPE: ALT enabled and the AUTO-VAR also enabled. I understand that the ALT feature is not actived until I press a keyswitch so I have enabled the \'KEYSWITCH A0 sets AUTO ALT ON\' box.

OK - all understood.

How does this feature stay enabled? Will pressing A0 again deactivate it? How do I deactivate the feature mid sequence??

Also - these Keyswitches contain samples - if I press the Keyswitch twice I\'m in the highest octave of the string samples... is this correct? Or should there be no samples mapped to these Keyswitches? (I have a small keyboard and have transposed the Keyswitch setting by 1 Octave in MaestroTools).

hope that\'s clear...

Burt

Re: GOS basic help needed pls...

Burt,

“I understand that the ALT feature is not actived until I press a keyswitch so I have enabled the \'KEYSWITCH A0 sets AUTO ALT ON\' box. How does this feature stay enabled? Will pressing A0 again deactivate it? How do I deactivate the feature mid sequence??”

If you wish to turn the auto-alternation feature on and off during a passage you should choose “Keyswitch A#0: Default mode, no alternate samples.” This will give you downbows. When you want to activate the auto-alternation mode use keyswitch A0 to turn it on. If you want to return to the default downbows use A#0. If you want to change to all upbows use B0. MaestroTools will remain in a chosen mode until it receives another keyswitch command.

“Also - these Keyswitches contain samples - if I press the Keyswitch twice I\'m in the highest octave of the string samples... is this correct?

No. The keyswitches are below the range of the mapped instruments’ notes. Are you sure you are loading the correct instruments? Remember, only ALT instruments can be used with this feature. If you are not using an ALT instrument you will encounter incorrect triggering of high notes. Also, If you choose to use an ALT ER (extended range) instrument you must put a check mark in the “Subtypes: ER” box. The standard ALT instruments use a 3 octave separation for mapping up and downbow samples, whereas the ALT ER instruments use a 4 octave separation. If the MaestroTools ALT mode does not match the loaded instrument MT will not send data to the proper octaves and you will encounter false triggering.

If you continue to have problems please contact Gary directly at gary@harps.com for troubleshooting.

Tom

Re: GOS basic help needed pls...

Hi Tom

thanks for the reply.

I have now worked it out!!

I can now see the select buttons changing in MaestroTools as I activate the Keyswitches on my Controller Keyboard.

The sample triggering was due to Transposing the Keyswitches or my own Keyboard mapping too high or low because they are now falling nicely on silent keys :-)

Many thx for helping my confused brain!!

Burt

Go Back to forum