• Register
  • Help

Topic: combining solo strings from different libraries?

Share/Bookmark

combining solo strings from different libraries?

Hi,
    the recent threads have shown what can be done with only the solo strings (creating an ensemble) of GPO. what about combining strings of different libraries??? Will the different recordings make it \"impossible\" to usefully use them in combination. I have in mind: session strings, the so violin of realsamples, the Vienna solo strings... maybe in the future the solo strings of Sonic Implants??? Your thoughts???

thankx in advance

Harry (still deciding on which libraries to buy)

Re: combining solo strings from different libraries?

I\'ve played around a bit with layering KHSS and GPO strings. I haven\'t done anything formal yet, but I like the results. By using the dry version of GPO, and given that KHSS is dry, I\'ll have no problem getting them into the same space.

I can\'t wait for GS3. Using GigaPulse to blend the libs should do the trick.

Originally posted by oldh:
    Hi,
    the recent threads have shown what can be done with only the solo strings (creating an ensemble) of GPO. what about combining strings of different libraries??? Will the different recordings make it \"impossible\" to usefully use them in combination. I have in mind: session strings, the so violin of realsamples, the Vienna solo strings... maybe in the future the solo strings of Sonic Implants??? Your thoughts???

thankx in advance

Harry (still deciding on which libraries to buy)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I see no reason why this shouldn\'t work. Since the different libraries were recorded with different instruments, played by different players, and recorded with different philosophies, it\'s very unlikely you would get any phase-cancellation or anything.

I have Sonic Reality\'s Symphony Strings, and I plan on experimenting with layering. Symphony Strings is a great library for only $79. It only contains ensembles and sections, though.....no solos.

Thank you Jon & Cade. Cade: Where to find those Sonic Reality strings???
    thankx
    Harry

I use GPO with KHSS as well and I think they blend quite nicely. Sometime I have to apply a little eq to KHSS because they have a more aggressive mid than GPO, but that\'s about it.

Wirebird

Originally posted by oldh:
    Thank you Jon & Cade. Cade: Where to find those Sonic Reality strings???
    thankx
    Harry
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Here\'s the link: http://www.esoundz.com/details/viewDetails.php?ProductID=87&referrer=bundles

(Note that the sound list on the site is *not* a complete listing of all the sounds on the CD).

Go Back to forum