• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO & VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY ANNOUNCES RECIPROCAL COLLABORATION

Share/Bookmark

GPO & VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY ANNOUNCES RECIPROCAL COLLABORATION

We are happy to announce a collaboration with Vienna Symphonic Library concerning cross-grades. Users of Garritan Personal Orchestra will get reduced cross-grade prices for select Vienna Symphonic Library products, and vice versa.

Gary Garritan and the Vienna Symphonic Library are the only two sample libraries to win the coveted Electronic Musician Editor\'s Choice Award. Both have been recipients and nominees of various industry awards and have set new standards in innovation and excellence. Both share many of the same goals and visions and it is natural to work together.

The two libraries compliment each other nicely. Garritan Personal Orchestra users can now enjoy a new palette of orchestra sounds at their disposal as well as Vienna’s exclusive Performance Tool including the unique Legato Mode. Vienna Symphonic Library owners can also have new sounds as well as the ability to work with notation programs.

Perhaps this will start a new trend of cooperation among sample content developers in order to meet the needs of today\'s musicians.
    According to Mr. Garritan, \"This collaboration will represent the first time two leading orchestral library developers have gotten together to cooperate. It is a great thing for sample developers to join hands and work together to find avenues of cooperation. I hope this will result in a new level of expectations in the industry.\"

The GPO full purchase price of $249 will be applied as a credit to the purchase of the Vienna Symphonic Library’s Complete Packages (including the Orchestral Cube and the Performance Set) of either the First Edition or the Pro Edition. $150 will apply to the Performance Set of either the First Edition or the Pro Edition, and a $100 discount will apply to the new OPUS 1 library which contains handpicked samples and Performance Elements from the Vienna Symphonic Library\'s Pro Edition. And owners of the Vienna Symphonic Libraries will be entitled to a 15% discount off the list price of Garritan Personal Orchestra. Ordering details will be posted soon.

Gary Garritan

See announcement in the VSL forum: http://www.vsl.co.at/english/pages/forum/start/forum.htm

Re: GPO & VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY ANNOUNCES RECIPROCAL COLLABORATION

Wow, Gary, great deal! I was just saying how well GPO and Opus 1 play together.

Congrats.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I had a hunch this was the \"surprising announcement of a collaboration.\" I am excited to be a part of Gary\'s and Herb\'s collaboration. Congrats to both of you on this one!

Quality + Quality = QUALITY!

This is a great day and a great direction for all of us.

Congratulations, Gary and Marianne.

great news, I bought both OPUS1 and GPO when they were released, and I\'m happy to discover that it was the best investment as they both truly share a lot of things, and best of all, they mix very well together! sounds like a good criteria to me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

This just keeps getting better and better

Bravo Gary!

On the subject of GPO and Opus 1 \"playing well together\", are there any demos around with both libraries? I\'m curious to hear how they combine.

As an owner (licence .-) of GOS, VSL Pro Edition and GPO, I would like to express that this is a very good thing. since the release of GOS I was sure Gary Garritan was the way to go. Of course also VSL did bring a new dimension and has a team of very dedicated and creative people working in the company. So the collaboration between the two can only be positive and of great value for the users.

Glad to hear this Gary.

Hey, any chance that GPO owners will get a small break on any of the Horizon series like the Saxaphone set?

Larry

Go Back to forum