• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sustain/Legato Mode at the same time for Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Sustain/Legato Mode at the same time for Kontakt

Hi,

For all of you who have Kontakt and want to use it for Sustain and Legato modes at the same time, here is a simple solution:

1. Leave Sustain/Sustinuto Mode as Normal.
    2. Open Kontakt\'s preset editor for presets, which must be played Legato.
    3. In \'Source\', in the very right side, under the button \'Reverce\' you will find CC#64( MIDI controller responsable for swaping Sustain and Legato sample groups)
    4. Change it on CC#15, for example.

Now, you can use CC#64 for Sustain mode and CC#15 for Legato one.

That\'s it!

All the best,
    Vitaly.

Re: Sustain/Legato Mode at the same time for Kontakt

Thanks Vitaly,

This is a terrific workaround. Now if only the Player can do this. Thanks for discovering and sharing this.

Gary Garritan

I echo Gary.

Thanks for sharing Vitaly; some people are really getting under the bonnet of GPO now!!

Frank

Very useful tip Vitaly - thanks. How about using CC#68 - It is listed under my MIDI spec as \'Legato Switch\'! I tried using it in Cubase and it was recognised as \'Legato FS\' :-)

Ian

Vitaly,

Although it wasn\'t apparent from my message, I did actually realise that any free CC could be used, I just thought that since no-one seems to make use of CC#68 it would be an ideal candidate to match the functionality. Thanks for making it clear though in case I created some fog around the issue:-)

Just out of interest, since you are obviously using GPO instruments in Kontakt, do you (or indeed anyone else using it) find that some instruments make Kontakt crash? For instance the French Horns ff overlay, Flute V Solo, and several others. I am using Kontakt V1.5.0.005. I wondered if Kmaybe ontakt is now lagging behind the GPO player in some aspeacts and causing compatibility problems, or whether the problem is specific to my system.

Thanks

Ian

My pleasure, gentlmen!

Ian, you can use ANY free (not used to control another parametrs) midi CC you wish.

All the best,
    Vitaly.

Ian,

Yes, it is good idea. You have a name for CC which is very handy when a track has 4-5 different midi CCs (I run Cubase, as well).

No, I haven\'t experienced any crashes with Kontakt+GPO, so far. BTW the reason why I started using Kontakt is because my Kontakt Player could\'t save presets in a song [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] .

Vitaly.

Go Back to forum