• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: GPO Brass appreciation thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: GPO Brass appreciation thread

i agree on your color theory. i\'m definitely considering investing in other libraries in the future to work alongside GPO.

Originally posted by robgb:
    Many owners of the large libraries ridicule GPO and its users as if they\'re the grown ups and we\'re just little kids \"pretending\" to play music.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">thing is, i am still a kid.

anyone else here who was still learning their multiplication tables during the fall of the iron curtain?

Back on the topic of GPO brass, I was pleasantly surprised.

When the first demos came out, there were lots of negative comments about the brass. Maybe they were expecting FF overlays and those first demos didn\'t happen to use them. The first time I used the Horn FF overlays, I thought \"what are people complaining about? These are pretty darn good.\"

So, maybe I had low expectations going in. No matter. The brass goes well beyond just being usable.

Originally posted by JonFairhurst:
    When the first demos came out, there were lots of negative comments about the brass. Maybe they were expecting FF overlays and those first demos didn\'t happen to use them. The first time I used the Horn FF overlays, I thought \"what are people complaining about? These are pretty darn good.\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Like I said -
    The Copland Excerpt thread seemed to turn a lot of heads, and quieted more than a few people who pre-supposed that GPO couldn\'t \"go big\" just because the first demos showed things that virtually no other library could do in terms of intimacy. GPO can bombast with the best of them, and at a fraction of the cost.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m sure that we will soon see a conspiracy thread that alludes to a stealth mission to lure the big library companies into a false sense of security. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Careful Houston, they\'ll figure out that we\'re all in cahoots. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for the brass, I thought it sounded pretty terrific in the original demos. I guess it just wasn\'t that ballsy style everyone was hoping for.

I also think Francesco M. did a good job of showing us that GPO could quite successfully be used for other styles.

Go Back to forum