• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Quartet Demo/MIDI by Francesco Marcetti

Share/Bookmark

String Quartet Demo/MIDI by Francesco Marcetti

Francesco (a/k/a \"Lord of the Strings\") has composed this string quartet using the GPO solo strings. The instruments used were the Stradivari Solo Violin, the Gagliano Solo Violin, the Solo Viola and the Gofriller Solo Cello.

Below are is an mp3 of the combined quarted followed by mp3 of each individual part. There is also a link to the MIDI file so GPO users can recreate the piece or build their own quartet.

Combined Quartet - All four parts together.

Solo Stradivari Violin Part

Solo Gagliano Violin Part

Solo Viola Part

Solo Cello Part

And here is the MIDI File

Again, thanks Francesco for sharing your music with us.

Gary Garritan

Re: String Quartet Demo/MIDI by Francesco Marcetti

Thank you Gary and, most especially, thank you Francesco. This is precisely the sort of help I need.

This is a great board, and a great company. Keep it up, I\'m ecstatic!

Dennis Burton

Errr...where\'s the attack of the envelope? I hope the solo strings do not sound like this. (?)

I haved been awed by all of Francesco\'s demos. But I have to agree that this one leaves a bit to be desired.

(maybe I\'m just trying to see him as a mere mortal)

There\'s something missing or too much of something. I mean that the strings don\'t sound fragile or violin-like (viola-like, cello-like).

Is it just that a string quartet usually sounds like 4 separate instruments and this piece has them orchestrated too well?

Thank you Francesco & Gary!

I enjoy the little piece, and after looking at the details in the midi file I\'m motivated to improve my own GPO recordings.

I didn\'t realize that big movement in CC#1 doesn\'t actually result in perceived big changes in volume. And some notes seemed \"accented\" to my ear, but I looked into the MIDI and didn\'t see anything but subtle changes. I guess there\'s more to this music perception than just the math of MIDI!

Thank you Francesco & Gary!

I guess you can\'t please everyone all of the time but for my TCW I thought it was great. Maybe it\'s just that I am less discriminating but if I was able to whip something that sounded as musical as that out in 15 minutes I would be ecstatic. Keep up the great work Francesco!!!

Dave

hi guys,
    I know I didn\'t do the best (it tooks me 15 minutes).
    I need to feel like a mere mortal sometimes, otherwise i\'ll pump my mind [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think I will correct it, and I\'m already working on a new demo with the ensemble patches.

Thanks anyway
    Francesco

Go Back to forum