• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GPO Studio problems

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio problems

Installed GPO Studio. A few problems. I\'m not using a keyboard, just the mouse to hit notes.

1. As a standalone, I can get it to play. But when I select Settings/Preferences/ASIO Control Panel, I get an error message: \"Creative ASIO Driver not yet initialized.\" However I can access the ASIO Control Panel just fine (still) from the original standalone GPO. I am using a Soundblaster Audigy sound card.

2. With Overture, I can\'t get GPO Studio recognized as a midi device; it\'s not a selectable option anywhere so I can\'t play it from Overture.

3. But, Cubasis VST sees it and I can play it from there, but oddly it is only an option (Personal Orchestra 1-8) in the \"Assign Tracks\" window, it doesn\'t appear in the VST Instruments window -- is that normal? (Only the old VSTplugin version of GPO appears in the VST Instruments window, but not the Studio host program, maybe that\'s as intended...)

Any clues?
    thanks,
    Bob
    [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: GPO Studio problems

>1. As a standalone, I can get it to play. But when
    >I select Settings/Preferences/ASIO Control Panel, I
    >get an error message: \"Creative ASIO Driver not yet
    >initialized.\" However I can access the ASIO Control
    >Panel just fine (still) from the original
    >standalone GPO. I am using a Soundblaster Audigy
    >sound card.

IIRC, the Audigy ASIO only runs at 48000Hz, I think
    you\'ll need to manually set GPO Studio to 48000Hz
    (Preferences under the Settings menu entry) before
    choosing the ASIO Audigy audio driver.

Minor problems I\'m encountering with GPO Studio:

The GPO Studio start menu includes a short cut for a windows help file, but no help file installed (would this information be the same GPO_Studio.doc file as posted on the website?)

Using GPO Studio, when I load instruments into a GPO player, the instrument slots across the top remain blank, though I can click on the blank slots and see the details of the instruments I\'ve loaded. (Works fine when I use GPO player as a stand alone application, or as a plugin in Sonar).

Using GPO Studio, the GPO Players do not respond to my midi keybord (notes or mod wheel) but I can play notes and move the mod wheel with the mouse on the GUI. (Also works fine when I use GPO player as a stand alone application, or as a plugin in Sonar).

Finale plays notes fine through GPO Studio, but I can\'t seem to get CC#1 data sent from Finale to control the mod wheel, either visually on the GUI or aurally. (Is this an options setting I need to change?)

P4 2.0ghz
    Windows XP
    Sonar 3
    Finale
    Edirol DA-2496
    Edirol UM-880
    M-Audio Radium61

Originally posted by G Rudolph:
    Minor problems I\'m encountering with GPO Studio:

Using GPO Studio, when I load instruments into a GPO player, the instrument slots across the top remain blank, though I can click on the blank slots and see the details of the instruments I\'ve loaded. (Works fine when I use GPO player as a stand alone application, or as a plugin in Sonar).

Using GPO Studio, the GPO Players do not respond to my midi keybord (notes or mod wheel) but I can play notes and move the mod wheel with the mouse on the GUI. (Also works fine when I use GPO player as a stand alone application, or as a plugin in Sonar).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ditto on these questions for me.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This looks like the bug that was present in the
    previous versions of the Kontakt Player. Do you
    have the latest version?

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are you using something to route your MIDI
    keyboard to one of the Personal Orchestra MIDI
    ports? GPO Studio only listen to the Personal
    Orchestra ports.

QUOTE]Are you using something to route your MIDI
    keyboard to one of the Personal Orchestra MIDI
    ports? GPO Studio only listen to the Personal
    Orchestra ports. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    ----------------
    Having exactly the same problem (GPO playing fine as vst or stand alone but unseen/unheard in Studio), I\'ll say that this is not clear...
    We certainly must route the keyboard to the PC via a midi interface, right ? And in Studio\'s settings, the only settings are related to the audio, not midi ??
    And where should be those \"Personal
    Orchestra ports\" ? In Overture ? They appear nowhere in Overture, and that seems to be the very issue for some of us.

Originally posted by seb (Plogue):
    This looks like the bug that was present in the previous versions of the Kontakt Player. Do you have the latest version?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">seb, Now you make me wonder. As a Sonar user, I originally only installed the standalone and DXi versions of GPO and applied the latest Kontact Player 1.0.2 update.

But...then I installed the VSTi version of GPO from the original GPO CDs as required by GPO Studio and did not re-apply the Kontact Player update patch. Now, I assume since GPO Studio uses the VSTi version, it\'s probably seeing the older .dll. Makes me wonder, can I just apply the Kontact Player upgrade again, or should I just uninstall everything, and start from scratch?

We certainly must route the keyboard to the PC via a midi interface, right ? And in Studio\'s settings, the only settings are related to the audio, not midi ??
    And where should be those \"Personal
    Orchestra ports\" ? In Overture ? They appear nowhere in Overture, and that seems to be the very issue for some of us.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What I meant was that the MIDI inputs are \"fixed\":
    Personal Orchestra: 1 goes to Player 1
    [...]
    Personal Orchestra: 8 goes to Player 8

If you wish to use your MIDI keyboard you
    would need to use another application that
    can take your MIDI keyboard input and send it
    to one of the Personal Orchestra: x

About Overture, as far as i know, in the Windows
    version the ports are hidden to the user and
    are enable when the GPO menu entry is selected.

Maybe there is an update to the Overture version that is on CD? Gary would be better placed than
    me to know about that.

Now, I assume since GPO Studio uses the VSTi version, it\'s probably seeing the older .dll. Makes me wonder, can I just apply the Kontact Player upgrade again, or should I just uninstall everything, and start from scratch?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, GPO Studio uses the VSTi version.
    I suppose re-applying the upgrade will work.

Originally posted by seb (Plogue):

About Overture, as far as i know, in the Windows
    version the ports are hidden to the user and
    are enable when the GPO menu entry is selected.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">--------
    Please, could you elaborate about this \"GPO menu entry\" ?
    In my bundled Overture SE (v 3-5) the only GPO menu I can find is for loading or editing soundset.
    And neither option seemed to activate anything.
    Sometimes, reading here about htis Overture software, I feel (apart from a bit confused) as if some users really have a totally different version (SE vs full, Mac vs PC ?).
    Maybe Gary will find some time to give us some light about all that ?
    (no pressure of course, just a bit of frustration)

I\'m running Sonar 3 and having no success at finding a way to route my midi to GPO Studio. The only thing that shows up are my gigastudio ports and the one for my original gpo but no studio ports. Anyone have success with this yet?

Go Back to forum