• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Copland Excerpt - Fanfare for the Common Man

Share/Bookmark

Copland Excerpt - Fanfare for the Common Man

Hello folks,

I thought I\'d post a quick teaser for one of the Garritan Personal Orchestra demos that will be playing at the NAMM show. Due to license restrictions, I cannot play the entire work here. However, I can excerpt a small segment to whet your appetite. If you\'re going to be at the NAMM show, come by booth 6921 in Hall A to hear Aaron Copland\'s \"Fanfare for the Common Man\" in all it\'s glory.

For those of you that can\'t wait, or won\'t be able to attend, you can go HERE and listen to a small segment of the piece. Click on the text/disclaimer to trigger the audio. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Copland Excerpt - Fanfare for the Common Man

I got a blank page?

Rick

Do you have Flash disabled on your machine? It\'s a Screenblast presentation, which uses Flash to present multimedia content.

Excellent!

I wish I could be at NAMM to hear the entire piece. My personal preference would be to bring the trumpets up a bit in the mix. But then, I\'m a trumpet player and you play the trombone.

JT

I can see the flash presentation and the cassette is spinning but I get no audio.
    J

Originally posted by Jamie Haggerty:
    I can see the flash presentation and the cassette is spinning but I get no audio.
    J
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Click on the text of the disclaimer to start off the audio - it implies that you didn\'t miss the text when checking out the excerpt. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PatS

Very nice! However, I\'m used to the timpani having a lot more presence. Can you get it to play \"bam-bam\" (or something to that effect) instead of \"thud-thud\"? It sounds too distant and oddly muted.

So, which GPO instruments did you use? It sounds like you\'ve got the overlay instruments in there. How many ENS (Ensemble Maker) instruments did you use?

Again, very nice! I\'m looking forward to hearing the full version tomorrow.

Pat

Houston,

That sounds awesome. Wish I could be there to hear the whole thing.

-- Martin

Originally posted by PatS:
    Very nice! However, I\'m used to the timpani having a lot more presence. Can you get it to play \"bam-bam\" (or something to that effect) instead of \"thud-thud\"? It sounds too distant and oddly muted.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think that\'s because the score calls for the bass drum there. Plus, it matches the reference performance I listened to in order to get the balance. I\'ll check the score. With you asking for less thud (more high end) and someone else asking for more trumpets, there could be an escalation in the high end that will not end well. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So, which GPO instruments did you use? It sounds like you\'ve got the overlay instruments in there. How many ENS (Ensemble Maker) instruments did you use?

Again, very nice! I\'m looking forward to hearing the full version tomorrow.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I used the overlays on all first parts, and ensemble instruments on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th parts (where applicable). I pulled down the overlays a bit to preserve the balance but maintain the \"power\".

PatS

Don\'t forget to eat dinner.

BTW, does anyone eat lunch at NAMM? Two years ago, I spent an entire Saturday there, and not once did I think about eating. I spent the first hour walking around with, no doubt, a stupid grin on my face. I\'m so looking forward to that experience again.

See you tomorrow.

Pat

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast