• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mocri - New organ work

Share/Bookmark

Mocri - New organ work

Sort of a sonata for organ, about 20 minutes long. Sounds like me. The mp3 is the way to listen. The toccata was previously posted separately.

Mocri

Richard

Re: Mocri - New organ work

I just can not stand it, that no one put in a word for your work.
    I certainly did listen to it very carefully. Your style and technique is way over my head, plainly saying, I am so old and set in my musical upbringing, that I can not understand your work. I hear your talent and only can follow the score and admire your inventiveness.
    So, please, forgive me if I sound negative, I am not, just way too conservative to fully appreciate what you did.

Ted

1. Well, thank you, Ted. I truly appreciate your comments. I understand your position quite well. Sometimes I encounter a jazz work that I recognize as very good work, but it leaves me cold! Musical conservatism is something that is quite widespread, to my dismay. But, our top notch music schools are referred to as Conservatories, so that is not surprising. Conservatism is not a part of my makeup, as is obvious in my music and my life in general As I age, I move closer to radicalism, but will never get quite that far. At 83, I suspect that I am as far out as I am likely to get. But, I have a new piano work ready to upload after a few more people have opportunity to post about their own music.

As an aside, I have come a long way from playing Ecce Sacerdos Magnus and singing a missa cantata (solo, when no choir handy) now and then!

Richard

Now the 'Ecce sacerdos magnus" really started a memory with me. I was organist in a small village, the time is Hungary, probably 1950, and our priest told me one evening, that a bishop, who is traveling in secret will sleep in his house for the night, celebrate a mess early morning then leave. I got the choir to agree to come at 6 am and as the bishop entered the church we made a good show of singing the Ecce Sacerdos. He stopped in the isle, turned around and looked up to the choir-loft and just stood there until we finished, then blessed us with tears running down his face. We heard later that he was arrested and put into a prison where he died soon after. His crime was that he did not agree with the communists.
    Looking forward to your next posting.

Ted

Hi Richard,

very nice composition for church organ! I did enjoy listening to this recording, and I can imagine it would sound wonderful in a church.

Go Back to forum