• Register
  • Help

Topic: Plugin Host Problems

Share/Bookmark

Plugin Host Problems

I have three programs that can use GPO as a plugin. Cubasis (VST), Fruity Loops (VST, DXi), and Cakewalk Music Creator (DXi).

I am kind of new to VST and such. I used to use Creative\'s SoundFont. ( Gods the horrible sounds >_< ) So if I make a newbie mistake, it is because I am one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Music Creator is very, VERY buggy with GPO so I don\'t use it. It drops out notes and seems to be slow to respond to MIDI data.

Fruity Loops (Vers. 3.5) seems to ignore controllers when you copy MIDI data from a MIDI track to a Generator track. Plus, I\'d rather run MIDI tracks through a generator without the needless copying. But, I can\'t find out how to make Fruity do that. If someone can help with that, please do. Fruity seems to have more power than Cubasis.

Cubasis is almost perfect except for one problem. In some parts it will totally drop the Modulation controller almost to 0 untill the next Mod value change. You can guess what happens in GPO [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Yup, no volume. And if one instrument changes mod before any others, I can forget about reinforcing that section in a WAV editor. I\'ve looked in the controller data, and the Modulation is where it should be. The program just seems to be ignoring it. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

The Maple/Bidule thing works, but I\'d rather digitally render than analog record.

Possibly useful hardware specs:
    CPU: P4 2.4 GHz
    Soundcard: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum (Older Aud2)
    RAM: 1 Gig PC2700 DDR
    Mobo: Soyo Dragon P4X400 Platinum mainboard

Anyone have an idea to fix any of these problems? Please?

Re: Plugin Host Problems

Hi DZComposer,

I think that Cubasis may work out best for you with GPO. Cubasis normally can handle GPO and modulation fine *if* it\'s prepped with inital mod values. You can refer to http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000924;p=2 where I described this in a bit more detail. Let me know if this helps. We\'ll soon have another solution TBA at NAMM, which would also work for you in a pinch, but still I\'d focus on Cubasis first. With some tries at the problem and perhaps a little luck, I suspect Cubasis will work best for you.

Originally posted by DZComposer:

Cubasis is almost perfect except for one problem. In some parts it will totally drop the Modulation controller almost to 0 untill the next Mod value change. You can guess what happens in GPO [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Yup, no volume. And if one instrument changes mod before any others, I can forget about reinforcing that section in a WAV editor. I\'ve looked in the controller data, and the Modulation is where it should be. The program just seems to be ignoring it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Make sure you don\'t have other mod values on that track assigned to a different channel. Unlike some other softsynths - I have found that for somereason this turns up from time to time in sonar. I record or copy duplicate mod values on a different channel. Gpo will respond to any channel on the same track. look at the cubase event editor and see if you have controller data on multiple channels... Hope this helps.

Thank you! It doesn\'t drop out now!

Now I just have to get rid of some little pops on some of the attacks. This especially happens on the French Horn solo 2 instrument. I know it isn\'t the samples themselves because it does it completely at random. It happens in all versions of the player (VSTi, DXi, and standalone). It may be my soundcard...

Go Back to forum