• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ambience Reverb Quality ?

Share/Bookmark

Ambience Reverb Quality ?

First, I wanted to thank Garritan for a truly remarkable product with a very nice price tag.
    I received GPO a few days ago and have worked with it so far adding and replacing instruments to 3 pieces which all started in Edirol Orchestra. I\'ll post them when complete. GPO has added a new demension to these pieces in a very good way.
    My only gripe is with some of the loop points, specifically the modern oboe 1 at G5. Otherwise, this is a remarkable product.
    On to the question... I have some very nice reverbs in my arsenal already. My favorite is Sonic Timeworks Reverb 4080L. Do I need to install Ambience Reverb? Is this a must have, you gotta hear this... reverb?

Thanks for yor input.
    Toby

Re: Ambience Reverb Quality ?

All I can say is - install it and try it out - it was made for GPO. I like it alot

If you read alot of the threads here you will know I\'m a BIG fan of the Lex 480L. I never thought the Timeworks 4080 was very much like it, sort of a Lex \'wanna be\', like so many others. If you\'ve ever spent some time with a real 480L then you will know what I mean. I also am not a big fan of the \'impulse\' or \'convolution\' reverbs that are currently so much in vogue (at least in their PRESENT incarnation!). Read my comments about them in another thread here on this forum.

Having said all that, I think the AMBIENCE \'verb is certainly one of the best. I discovered this gem about eight months ago before hearing it was bundled with GPO.

It is a very good match in tone and a complement to the sounds in GPO.

Apparently, Prosoniq (makers of one of my favorite little reverbs for Orchestral music) is hard at work on something of a breakthrough in convolution or impulse reverb.

So my recent negative comments MAY be in order for a \'reversal\'!

My advice: Use AMBIENCE for now...it\'s that good.

Originally posted by nexus:

My advice: Use AMBIENCE for now...it\'s that good.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s what I wanted to know. Cool, I will be putting Ambience through it\'s paces this weekend.
    Thanks for the advice.

Toby

Originally posted by kstevege:
    All I can say is - install it and try it out - it was made for GPO. I like it alot
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How is it on the CPU / resources ?

Thanks,
    Toby

Originally posted by TobyBrez:
    How is it on the CPU / resources ?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Configurable!

A while back I downloaded an AU version of Ambience for my Mac from their website. When I received my copy of GPO I noticed there was not an AU version on the CD. Are the presets different on the one that comes with GPO? I don’t want to bother Gary asking him for the AU version if it is the same as the one I already own. However if there are presets just for GPO, then I will.

Thanks

Go Back to forum