• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uppgrade to kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

Uppgrade to kontakt?

\"Special Offers for users of the instrument versions from third party manufacturers (e.g. EAST WEST and ZERO-G versions)*:
    KOMPAKT Update (from KOMPAKT instrument versions): $/€ 99,-
    INTAKT Update (from INTAKT instrument versions): $/€ 99,-
    KONTAKT Upgrade (from KOMPAKT or INTAKT instrument versions): $/€ 299,-
    (Registration required).\"

This is what ni\'s website says. East west and zero-g. What aboot GPO? Anyone with \'kontakts\' that can see if this is possible?

By the way, kontaktusers, does DFD work well? Can you load the whole thing without pops and cracks?

A little tip from me: If you load a string section SUS+SHORT and set polyphony to 1 you get short notes, sustain making them uh.. legato? This way you can load SUS+SHORT and SHORT without using more memory .. uh.. perhaps you already can do this? I dont know if memory usage increases when you load the same samples, but in two different programs.. Confusing? Heck, yes

Re: Uppgrade to kontakt?

doesn\'t seem like that great a deal if you consider....

\"more$$\" is not the way to grab customers. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

but that\'s just my opinion....

cb

uh.. i dont get it. What do you mean?

Buying kontakt costs 399, here i may get it for 299. Thats a deal, huh?

I agree with Christian. It sells for 275 US and audiomidi.com

Holy crap Ned,
    you are either burning the midnight oil, or one heck of an early riser...

Yes, Crackbaby. Search \"froogle\" and you will find the ad I included. I deleted the name of the vendor so as not to appear to be advertising on their behalf.

cb

3 mornings a week I get up early to play squash... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Crackbaby:

By the way, kontaktusers, does DFD work well? Can you load the whole thing without pops and cracks?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Overall, I\'ve found that DFD works quite well. But ... I have run into problems with some horrible distortion noise on a few of the GPO instruments, notably some of the percussion. It happens when you throw a lot of notes at it (i.e. a timpani roll). I haven\'t seen it on many of the other instruments and havn\'t seen it any of my other libraries.

If you are considering getting Kontakt I would be one to encourage taking the plunge. There are a lot of advantages to owning the full product.

Originally posted by Crackbaby:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Does not work very well, and not at all in many Kompakt instruments with OS-X. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum