• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO + Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

GPO + Kontakt

I\'m considering purchasing Kontakt so that I can have more control of GPO. The things that I would like to do include creating Amplitude and Filter envelopes, as well as adding LFO-controlled pitch modulation. Is this possible when loading GPO into Kontakt? Are there any other advantages to using Kontakt with GPO?

Re: GPO + Kontakt

Send a PM to member #170. I just talked to Tom yesterday about some of this. It\'s very programmable.

I\'d like to hear back from you, if you are able to make the MOD/volume go to zero. He told me they won\'t be doing that because 1) real instruments don\'t do that and 2) they presumed that many users would not get sound at all on first attempt and cause an uproar.

Additionally, I asked why the MOD wheel is so non-linear, and he said there were at least 12 beta testers who adjusted and readjusted it to match their MOD wheels (on keyboards) I think I\'m gonna start using a keyboard for input.

Originally posted by rJames:
    Additionally, I asked why the MOD wheel is so non-linear, and he said there were at least 12 beta testers who adjusted and readjusted it to match their MOD wheels (on keyboards) I think I\'m gonna start using a keyboard for input.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I ended up routing mod wheel control to the data slide fader on my keyboard. It provides a nice long smooth \"feel.\"

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Where do I go on NS to PM someone?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Click on the .gif next to their name, the one that looks like two people shaking hands in front of an envelope...

Thanks Alan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ned,

I strongly recommend Kontakt if you wish to do custom programming. You can make small modifications or re-program everything from the ground up if you like.

Specifically, both amplitude and filter envelopes are already extensively used in GPO but, if you have Kontakt, you could change those in any way you like. LFO pitch modulation is also feasible (in fact, the VAR controls use a form of that).

Another important advantage is the ability to load 16 instruments per instance into Kontakt. The editing capabilities are the main thing though.

Tom

Thanks a lot Tom for the quick reply! I think I\'ll take advantage of the strength of the Canadian dollar to make (another) Native Instrument purchase... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Thanks a lot Tom for the quick reply! I think I\'ll take advantage of the strength of the Canadian dollar to make (another) Native Instrument purchase... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ned,

There will be an upgrade path for GPO users to update to the full version of Kontakt. I\'ll know more about the details this coming week when NI returns from the holidays.
    Gary Garritan

Ooooh! Hurry up before the loonie dips back below 70 cents! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the deal, Gary - you and your team rock!

Thanks for the suggestion. Where do I go on NS to PM someone?

Go Back to forum