• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will GPO load in kompakt?

Share/Bookmark

Will GPO load in kompakt?

is GPO programs compatible with the low-cost NI sampler Kompakt??
    i\'m a gigasampler user, and i don\'t konw if i will be able to crossgrade from giga to kontakt... in this case i could opt for the less expansive kompkat... is it wise??

Re: Will GPO load in kompakt?

Regrettably it does not load, or at least for me it doesn\'t. There would be little benefit to this anyway because both load 8 instruments max per instance & GPO\'s has all the controller functionality you need to take advantage of it.

Purchasing Kontakt might be worth it as you can load double the instruments and save your own multi\'s amongst other things.

Another thing to bare in mind is that each new instance of the player adds a little more to cpu drain. According to my sequencer FL Producer on my P4 2.8c, 6 instances & the reverb plugin i use makes it run @ 10% idle. I would suspect running Kontakt would reduce this alot, not to mention its disk streaming capacity would help reduce ram demands.

Just another 2penceworth [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Does anyone know if running the VSTi version in SONAR with a wrapper, provides a little less CPU drain than the DXi, with the new update. Or has the update fixed this too?

Originally posted by nexus:
    Does anyone know if running the VSTi version in SONAR with a wrapper, provides a little less CPU drain than the DXi, with the new update. Or has the update fixed this too?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nexus,

We have found that running GPO as a VSTi in SONAR works better in some aspects than its DXi counterpart. Not sure about CPU performance but will look into it.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum