• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bug? - 'tpt piccolo v solo'

Share/Bookmark

Bug? - \'tpt piccolo v solo\'

Whenever I load this particular patch, all other patches in that instance of the player go silent.

I did a search and didn\'t turn up anything on this.

I have the new player update, BTW.

Only workaround is dedicate a player instance to piccolo trumpet.

Re: Bug? - \'tpt piccolo v solo\'

Originally posted by Layne:
    Whenever I load this particular patch, all other patches in that instance of the player go silent.

I did a search and didn\'t turn up anything on this.

I have the new player update, BTW.

Only workaround is dedicate a player instance to piccolo trumpet.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Layne,

Is it only the Piccolo Trumpet patch that causes this? Could you let me know what operating system your are using. I\'ll try to reproduce it here and will pass this on the Native Instruments. We\'ll get this taken care of ASAP. Has anyone else experienced this particular bug?

Thanks for the report Layne.

Gary Garritan

Gary,

So far this is the only patch I\'ve seen this happen on. I can recreate it on standalone, dxi and vst versions of the player.

I haven\'t done an exhaustive test by any means, but I did try randomly dropping in different patches and only the vibrator piccolo trumpet makes everyone else go silent.

I\'m running on Windows XP, BTW.

Thanks for the quick response.

O.K. I think I know what the problem is.

First I felt really smart when I figured this out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Then I felt really dumb when I realized that I had probably created the problem myself. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I loaded this patch into Kontakt and noticed that the \'solo\' button is selected.

I was able to unselect solo, save the patch off and it works fine in the player. Good news is, easy fix.

(My guess is that it\'s not like this in the original patch, but is due to some experimenting I was doing in Kontakt earlier.)

One thing that would be kinda nice is if the NI player provided access to the solo/mute functions --- or maybe not [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Thanks for looking into it further Layne and thanks for the suggestion.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum