• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NEW GPO NI Player Update Available!

Share/Bookmark

NEW GPO NI Player Update Available!

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR GPO USERS:

The Garritan Personal Orchestra/NI KONTAKT PLAYER 1.0.2.005 update is available as a free download to all registered users. You\'ll need to login to the Native Instruments site in order to download these updates. These are password-protected downloads, so only registered users will have access to them.

Windows Version GPO102U_Win_Setup.zip (13 MB)

Mac Version GPO102U_OSX_Install.sit (12 MB)

This update should fix many of the issues with the Kontakt Player. After you download them, unzip/unstuff them to the Desktop of place of your choice. Double click on the extracted file and the update process will begin.

Improvements:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Pedal mode now set to Legato Mode by default</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Various improvements to the instrument programming.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kontakt Player has greater stability.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Extended ranges of some of the instruments</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Integration with upcoming GPO Host</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Fixes:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">fixed: Sustain Pedal bug some instruments no longer crashes</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">fixed: Tuning issue with solo stringed instruments</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">fixed: Logic 5.5.1 PC no longer crashes</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">fixed: Wet instruments have active reverb values</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">fixed: Polyphony meter now works properly</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">various other bugs fixed</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    I wish to thank those who have reported the various issues and thanks to Native Instruments for providing these updates.

Gary Garritan

Re: NEW GPO NI Player Update Available!

Great news! Just one question. What does the bullet Integration with the upcoming GPO host mean? Is this some new feature that will be coming out?

Hey! You weren\'t supposed to notice that one!

Thank you Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just recieved and installed GPO this morning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It\'s not a problem but when I installed GPO
    I unchecked the options to install the \'RTAS\'
    and \'DXi\' plugs as I only use VST , but when
    I installed the update I had to install the
    \'RTAS\' plugin as there was no option not to
    on the installer.
    And I also found that it has now installed the
    the DXi plugin too .

Anyway , a huge big thanks to you and your team
    for developing this fantastic package .....

Have a brilliant Christmas you all , you deserve
    it , GPO has brought great joy to many people [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

How do you mplement the Harp overlay? The har download in in .wav file format.

Thanks

Steve

Any chance the udpate fixes the mod wheel volume control bug? Everytime I load a GPO instrument the volume is off and I have to redo the volume once for live playing and a second time for recording!! Help!!

Originally posted by kstevege:
    Any chance the udpate fixes the mod wheel volume control bug?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s not a bug - it\'s the central underpinning of the design philosophy of the entire orchestra. Read your manual. Read the thread here. Merry Christmas. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

thanks Gary!

this update is much more solid. haven\'t played with it too much since it\'s xmas but yeah, way better on OSX.

all the best

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by kstevege:
    Any chance the udpate fixes the mod wheel volume control bug?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It\'s not a bug - it\'s the central underpinning of the design philosophy of the entire orchestra. Read your manual. Read the thread here. Merry Christmas.

--------------------
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, but a lot of us don\'t like it a bit that all sounds are \"off\" by default. Nowhere in the manual can I see any statement that the design philosphy is to start every instrument inaudibly. It would make far more sense to start every instrument at mf (CC 1 = 64).

Could we not at least be given an option?

And also (as I\'ve already posted) it would be nice if the mod-wheel would take the volume all the way to zero. Currently I get the occassional rough edge, and would rather not have to reach for the volume control to smooth it out.

These are nits though. Fixing the pedal crashes was well worth the update.

Thanks! It works on my system as advertized.

Go Back to forum