• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: New Action Demo by Franscesco Marchetti

Share/Bookmark

Re: New Action Demo by Franscesco Marchetti

I came to L.A. after several frustrating years in North Carolina and the Washinton D.C. area. That was after schooling in conservatory in the Southeastern U.S. with award winning classical compositions under my belt (art songs for solo voice and piano) as well as fully orchestrated music for a stage play, a musical, and mixed electronic score for ballet.

In order to buy groceries and pay back student loans and such, I started working for Bob Moog building synthesizers, and eventually moved to recording studio work, and then software development and project management.

It essentially took me 10 years to get to the point where I could come to Los Angeles and work near the entertainment industry in a \"day job\" and be able to sit back and pick my opportunities. I would not have come here unless I had a good job or quality (paying) creative opportunity. It\'s simply too risky and the cost of living too high.

I would think that, as frustrating as it might be, it would be better to find some collaborators that are at your level of professional development, and work with them to build mutually flattering resumes. Then, the work will come to you. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You\'ve got the talent, the only thing that would work against you is making a personal business decision that will limit your progress. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] This is the voice of experience speaking...

I really enjoyed this...great work.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

That\'s valuable experience Houston! Good advice! You forgot to mention that you can write too though!

Interesting to have worked for the famous Bob Moog!

Frank

Terrific moving demo!! This should make Gary very happy as he has not gotten many of the filmscore type of demos that people need to hear to make their buying decision!

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12