• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO License - Credits

Share/Bookmark

Re: GPO License - Credits

Tarkio Road,

I realize the difficulty in even composers getting credit for their work. In the most recent licensing agreement (on the back of the letter that came with GPO), it states:

\"In any written materials or credits accompanying your music recording that utilizes material from Garritan Personal Orchestra (CD booklet, film credits, etc), when possible include the following courtesy credits: \"Orchestral samples used in this recording are from Garritan Personal Orchestra™.\"

So, \"when possible\" include a credit. If it is not possible, do not worry about it.

Gary

GPO License - Credits

The license agreement in the GPO users manual mentions that in any written materials or credits accompanying your music recording that utilize material from GPO (CD booklet, film credits, etc) you must include the following credits: \"Orchestra samples used in this recording are from Garritan Personal Orchestra.\"

Does this mean if I use a GPO violin, oboe, etc., along with another library or 2 (or 3 or 4) in a TV show, I must include the above in the program\'s credits?

This would be a bit misleading if VLS and/or EWQLO and a few other libraries were also used.

But the bigger problem would be that I have no control over the program\'s credits. And from experience, I know that the show producers would never add such a credit.

I know several composers who score entire documentaries and TV dramas with many sample libraries, but I have never seen any libraries credited in the final program credits. If they were credited, it would probably be a very long list. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So is my only choice not to use GPO in a music project that has credits, but those credits are out of my control?

Thanks.

Go Back to forum