• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Original Compositions Posted

Share/Bookmark

GPO Original Compositions Posted

Here are some links to various original compositions which will give you an idea of the capabilities of the GPO library

Northern Callings(2.9 MB)

An original composition showing a wide variety of orchestral colors and textures in a large orchestration. The unusual wind machine from Personal Orchestra is featured at the end of this piece.

Personal Orchestra Instrumentation: Solo Violin, First Violins Section (tremolo, trills, pizzicato, sustains & shortbows), Second Violins (tremolo, trills, pizzicato, sustains & shortbows), Viola Section (tremolo, pizzicato, sustains & shortbows), Cello Section (tremolo, pizzicato, sustains & shortbows), Solo Double Bass, Double Basses(pizzicato, sustains & shortbows), Harp 1, Harp 2, Harp Harmonics, Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, 2 Clarinets, Bass Clarinet, 4 Horns, Piccolo Trumpet, 2 Trombones, Bass Trombone, Tuba, Glockenspiel, Timpani, Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Orchestral Cymbals, Percussion Toys, Celeste,Concert Grand Piano, Wind Machine.

Hollywood Demo (1.3 MB)

Doyle Donehoo did this original composition in less than a few hours. All of the instruments in this large orchestration were exclusively from Garritan Personal Orchestra.

Personal Orchestra Instrumentation: Alto Flute, 2 Concert Flutes, Piccolo, English Horn, 3 Oboes, 3 Clarinets, 3 Bassoon, Contrabassoon, 4 Horns, 2 Trumpets, 3 Trombones, Tuba, Timpani, Assorted Toys, Cymbals, Gong, Bass Drum, Orchestral Chimes, 3 Violins 1st Violins section (sustains & shortbows), 2nd Violins section (sustains & shortbows), Viola section (sustains & shortbows), Cello section (sustains & shortbows), 2 Double Basses, Double Bass section (sustains & shortbows), Harp2

Widow of War (1.3 MB)

The music for this original composition written by Alan Lastufka who did an amzing job. The instrumentation is from Garritan Personal Orchestra and the voices are from the Diva By Design (5.1 Audio version) library. Diva By Design is an excellent voice library produced by Bela D Media. Programming and composition of DIVA was done by Daniel Moy.

Personal Orchestra Instrumentation: 2 Concert Flutes, Alto Flutes, 2 Oboes, 3 Clarinets, 3 Bassoons, Contrabassoon, 6 Horns, 2 Trumpets, Timpani, Assorted Toys, Cymbals, Gong, Bass Drum, 1st Violins section (trills, sustains & shortbows),Cello section (sustains & shortbows), Double Bass section (sustains & shortbows), Bass Drum, Timpani, Snare Drum, Orchestral Cymbal Roll.

Re: GPO Original Compositions Posted

Getting a broken link on \"Widow of War\" here, but it works on the official site, and folks can probably guess the right URL for this by looking at the other ones anyway.

But in case they\'re too lazy, this be the file.

And wow, by the way.

How about posting some midi files for some of these? Or am I getting too greedy! These demos are terrific, but they just make some of us amatuers more eager to understand how some of these sounds were sequenced. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I am really glad I ordered GPO after hearing these demos. It sounds like I can use a lot of GPO in \"real\" final mixes. The only weak part of the library still seems to be the brass (not terrible, just weaker than the rest), particularly in the Hollywood demos. But I already have all the SAM brass, so no problem. GPO with SAM Brass together is still a cheap price to pay when you consider the quality of sound you will get. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Starkio, I think that the Brass isn\'t the \'jewel in the crown\' but it\'s early days. Have you heard \'Northern Calling\'? Very nice!

Frank

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    Hey Starkio, I think that the Brass isn\'t the \'jewel in the crown\' but it\'s early days. Have you heard \'Northern Calling\'? Very nice!

Frank
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sfrank - GPO sounds great even for the early days! All I was suggesting is that anyone who wants a EWQLO sound might be better off with GPO and a SAM library or two. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Still a lot cheaper than EWQLO Gold!

The link to Northern Callings is broken...

The link is here

Great demos!

Brass has always been the weak spot in any orchestral library. Until the SAM brass came along I had all but given up on ever getting realistic brass parts. Still, what I think most of us are responding to here is a bit if a jaundiced ear concerning \'realistic\' brass sound. So many libraries have bloated big brass unisons (Like the EW collection) and it has made us expect that huge sound in everything brass. I like it too, but it has it\'s place. The nice thing about GPO is that Gary can add these types of sounds at a later date (and I\'m sure he will after reading many of the posts here!). We can of course use our exsisting libraries for augmenting GPO and this is, in fact, what I have done with my SAM brass. GREAT demos, btw!!!

Originally posted by Headcheese:
    How about posting some midi files for some of these? Or am I getting too greedy! These demos are terrific, but they just make some of us amatuers more eager to understand how some of these sounds were sequenced. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">http://www.alanjoseph.com/AJL-WidowOfWar.mid

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] AL

thank you Alan! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast