• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Legato

Share/Bookmark

Help with Legato

I just got GPO and I must say it is all I had hoped it would be. Sounds great compared to my old Edirol Orch.

Now for the bad... I have had some problems with stuck notes mostly on brass. Midi from my sequencer unsticks them but not my keyboard. Usually I get it when I stop the sequence. Also, I can get the up down bowing to work with the pedal, but the legato does not seem to work. I thought I had read somewhere that the Pedal mode was screwed up in that it did not disply the correct mode, but that if you picked the right mode you would get the effect anyway. The pedal does not activate legato for me for any of the legato sounds. Any ideas? I am running sonar 2.2 on a AMD 2.4 with 768MB Ram. Tried running as DXi (got a bunch of weird unrequested portamento happening) tried as VST with Directxter (didn\'t work at all) and tried with VSTexpansion v3 and it mostly works - though I seem to lose midi connectivity with my keyboard at times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with Legato

Oh and I forgot to add that I am on Win2000. Have a very stable machine - with Egosys wami rack 24 - WDM drivers.

Well, as you know, the pedal mode does need to be changed to the SECOND option oon the list, make sure you have been choosing the correct one. The drop-down menu will not show that any change has occured, but my player kicks into legato mode for the slower passages.

I am running it as a VST, controlled by Cubase SX. If there is a problem occuring in stand-alone mode I\'m not aware of it, but it sounds like that\'s the only way you can get it to work?

I don\'t have a MIDI controller so I don\'t play GPO in real time, I just draw the data in the key editor in Cubase, sorry this post wasn\'t of much help, I just wanted to make sure you were choosing the correct mode from the drop-down menu.

Also, make sure your keyboard is sending the sustain info on the right ontroller channel...

AL

There is a problem with all versions of Kontakt and Kompakt regarding a tempo change bug. This will appear to cause your sequence to sound like it has stuck notes. I\'m using the Sonar VST wrapper which resolves the issue. The cost is about $40 or you can upgrade to Sonar 3 and the VST wrapper is included plus you get a boatload of other great features especially in the Producer edition.

Hayden - sounds like you have given me the excuse I was looking for to upgrade to Sonar 3. Not sure I will be going for Producer though, don\'t need the vsampler or lex reverb and I can live without the per track EQ. I am betting it is the wrapper I am using. Its an older one. I am also going to email Kirril K at directixer to see if he has a answer. I have noticed that the memory usage isn\'t really as severe as everyone says.

I have Sonar 3 Producer which was definitely worth the extra money. The new features I use the most are the Lex reverb, the mastering tools and the per channel EQ. I didn\'t think I would use the EQ but have found it great to use.

Go Back to forum