• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Don't blame it on GPO-my first orchestra piece

Share/Bookmark

Don\'t blame it on GPO-my first orchestra piece

Be kind. I usually ask for critique (on OSXAudio) but don\'t think I\'m ready for that yet.

This is my first piece with my new learning tool, GPO.

Kinda buggy with Kompact, but very usuable on my G5 Dual 2G. (Shouldn\' I be rendering something right now?)

I made it loud because its easier than soft.

I don\'t know how to use any of the tools, legato or bowing or anything. This is the library as a full-fledged beginner will use it.

This is my first movement (so to speak).

OrchestraTest

Re: Don\'t blame it on GPO-my first orchestra piece

Rjames,

As a first attempt at using this fantastic tool i would say you did great.

If you play around with the tools im sure everything will just get better.

Im not sure how you start on a composition but if you try to treat the instruments as seperate, you will be able to mix them better.

Cant wait for GPO.

Nice start there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Great job for a newbie composer.

I just love how percussion tends to lift the intensity level of a piece, particularly with your song. You did an admirable job with the timpanis; I liked the snare touch at the end and the crashing cymbals were well placed, maybe just a touch too loud for my taste, but then again, they\'re supposed to be loud.

Doesn\'t it feel great to be in charge of a whole orchestra and have each section do whatever you want! Composer and conductor at the same time!

All the best,
    Bob

Well done RJ. I thought that was pretty damn good. Maybe too much difference between ppp and fff (for my taste....but there again I don\'t know much! Isn\'t that getting towards the so called \'Hollywood\' sound?

Frank

Nice RJ,

Is this library not extremely cool?

I like what you\'ve done with it, not my genre, but hey, I liked it.

Can\'t wait to hear more from you in the future...

AL

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    Well done RJ. I thought that was pretty damn good. Maybe too much difference between ppp and fff (for my taste....but there again I don\'t know much! Isn\'t that getting towards the so called \'Hollywood\' sound?

Frank
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, very good effort. Keep going man. I hear an understanding of the power that can be realized with changes in dynamics. Like Mardy, a smoother ppp-fff transition would probably be effective but your ear for it is certainly there.

Christmas is going to be good this year, I can tell...

Originally posted by rJames:
    Be kind. I usually ask for critique (on OSXAudio) but don\'t think I\'m ready for that yet.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">rJames, dadgummit, if yer lookin\' fer kindness, this ain\'t any more kind than that there OSXAudio. \'Cause we c\'n be purty mean t\'each other \'roun\' here.

But if\'n yer lookin\' fer honesty, y\'come t\'the raght place. Sitcherself down and stay a spell.

I finished it. But I know the more I listen, I\'ll have to go back and clean up stuff.

http://www.digitanimation.net/OneManAtWar.mp3

Nice improvements!

I like the textures you get. You are making good use of the available instruments for setting a mood.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast