• Register
  • Help

Topic: Att GPO Beta testers PLease..

Share/Bookmark

Att GPO Beta testers PLease..

Have any of you used the GPO complete package when creating your demos? I tried to pretend I was a beginner and wanted to use GPO( Excellent!) with THe Overture and Cubase package to creat a simple piece of music, and I wasn\'t sucessful I couldn\'t get overture to recognize GPO at all and trying to open an instrument in Cubas was a disaster. I know that there are disclaimers that both these programs are not supported by Gary, and I don\'t fault him for that, but.... any info you folks can give would be greatly appreciated... :-) EJ

Re: Att GPO Beta testers PLease..

Originally posted by EJ:
    Have any of you used the GPO complete package when creating your demos? I tried to pretend I was a beginner and wanted to use GPO( Excellent!) with THe Overture and Cubase package to creat a simple piece of music, and I wasn\'t sucessful I couldn\'t get overture to recognize GPO at all and trying to open an instrument in Cubas was a disaster. I know that there are disclaimers that both these programs are not supported by Gary, and I don\'t fault him for that, but.... any info you folks can give would be greatly appreciated... :-) EJ
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m sending you a private email with an invitation to call me at home this evening, maybe I can get you squared away - at least I\'ll try.

Trond

Okay, first, you want Cubasis to recognize GPO not Overture. Program your notes in Overture, save as .mid file, open .mid file in Cubasis.

Open the VSTinstruments panel and set GPO as the first VSTi. Load the patches you used in your midi parts being sure to check that the patch\'s midi number matches the midi channel in Cubasis.

Set the midi output to GPO and hit play in Cubasis, your sound should sound just as it does in stand-alone mode.

*IMPORANT* Just because your midi notes for the violin are on track one in Cubasis does NOT mean that is the midi channel number that track is sending out. Check the left hand panel to ensure the violin notes are being sent out on the appropriate midi channels to GPO\'s violin patch.

Hope this helps,

AL

I see. Then you cannot hear the notes input as you are notating, or even play them before importing the midi into Cubase? Then there is no connection between GPO and the notation program...

You can hear the notes as you input thru your soundblaster\'s onboard midi...

And should be able to play them back that way. I do my notating in Cubase SX which plays the notes back thru GPO in real time...

AL

Thanks for your help. My point was that Overture did not seem useful... PS I don\'t have soundblaster installed on my laptop, which is where I prefer to work.. THe laptop sound is, shall we say limited? EJ

Go Back to forum