• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Important Notice to GPO Customers

Share/Bookmark

Important Notice to GPO Customers

The response to Personal Orchestra has been more than we imagined and it\'s taking a little longer than expected. There are several things that have temporarily slowed things down that I wanted to let you know about.

First, we have been replicating in-house. We did this with GOS and it worked very well since allowed us to update and make necessary modifications on the fly. Although this worked for GOS, we cannot keep up with GPO. Since demand has exceeded our in-house manufacturing capacity, we will outsource additional replication in order to catch up as quickly as possible. We are also in discussion with a major distributor to possibly help us.

As you all know, we have developed the Garritan Personal Orchestra library to make use of the powerful programming features of Native Instrument\'s Kontakt player. Development and testing of the Kontakt Player is NI\'s contribution to the project. As can be expected with all new software some problems do inevitably arise. Users have reported some initial bugs with the Kontakt Player. Native Instruments is now aware of these problems and are working to fix them as soon as possible. I really want to hear of any bug reports so we can solve them right away.

Finally, on top of everything else, we are short-handed due to a health emergency with one of our key personnel.

We\'re working as hard as we can to get all the orders out as quickly as possible. We\'ll try our best to get out orders for the holidays for everyone who already ordered from us direct. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and I appreciate your understanding and patience.

Gary Garritan

Re: Important Notice to GPO Customers

No worries Gary, hope the guys ok.

Im sure its worth the wait.

Cheers for telling us.

hope everything is ok up in seattle [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] regarding the health emergency

Hi Gary, I hope everything turns out OK with the health emergency. As far as the being overwhelmed by demand thing, that\'s gotta be good. Congratulations. You deserve it.

We\'re all anxious to get our hands on GPO, but I think one or two of the users here would deny you basic human rights if it meant getting their copy a little earlier.

Sleep is important. Don\'t be aftaid to sit at the table a little longer if it means you get to chew your food. And, do take some time off for the holidays. You\'re entitled.

Thank you for informing about the problems you are having.. Best Wishs for every one concerned, and hope that the health problems go away

No problem here Gary, take as long as you need. I know \"good things come to him who waits\".

Originally posted by Garritan:
    The response to Personal Orchestra has been more than we imagined and it\'s taking a little longer than expected. There are several things that have temporarily slowed things down that I wanted to let you know about.

First, we have been replicating in-house. We did this with GOS and it worked very well since allowed us to update and make necessary modifications on the fly. Although this worked for GOS, we cannot keep up with GPO. Since demand has exceeded our in-house manufacturing capacity, we will outsource additional replication in order to catch up as quickly as possible. We are also in discussion with a major distributor to possibly help us.

As you all know, we have developed the Garritan Personal Orchestra library to make use of the powerful programming features of Native Instrument\'s Kontakt player. Development and testing of the Kontakt Player is NI\'s contribution to the project. As can be expected with all new software some problems do inevitably arise. Users have reported some initial bugs with the Kontakt Player. Native Instruments is now aware of these problems and are working to fix them as soon as possible. I really want to hear of any bug reports so we can solve them right away.

Finally, on top of everything else, we are short-handed due to a health emergency with one of our key personnel.

We\'re working as hard as we can to get all the orders out as quickly as possible. We\'ll try our best to get out orders for the holidays for everyone who already ordered from us direct. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and I appreciate your understanding and patience.

Gary Garritan
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the news, I\'m sorry to hear about the health emergency and I hope that person will have a speedy recovery.

Rick

thank you very much and hope that the health problems go away. We can wait more, no problem.
    Michael

Gary,

Health first, GPO second.

Thanks for putting us in the picture.

Frank

Go Back to forum