• Register
  • Help

Topic: I can't reach NI

Share/Bookmark

I can\'t reach NI

Hello,

I got my GPO yesterday, and I installed it and sent registration. I was supposed to receive the key and a password within minutes, but I still haven\'t received them. I can\'t get through to anyone at NI because I don\'t have a password.

Isn\'t NI in Germany? They shouldn\'t have taken yesterday off, it\'s not thanksgiving weekend for them?

Any ways, the instruments sound really nice, but the programming is disabled and I presume will be until I get my key.

Can someone give them wake up call for me?

Rick

Re: I can\'t reach NI

Whoa! Slow down, Rick. You should have full use of GPO for 30 days without having confirmed registration.

You cannot edit any of the instruments within GPO without the full version of Kontakt. See page 35 of the GPO manual (the box at the bottom)

Originally posted by Houston Haynes:
    Whoa! Slow down, Rick. You should have full use of GPO for 30 days without having confirmed registration.

You cannot edit any of the instruments within GPO without the full version of Kontakt. See page 35 of the GPO manual (the box at the bottom)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Houston,

When I try to enable my sustain pedal for legato, it just doesn\'t do it . It stays as \"pedal mode.\"

Rick

Rick,

This appears to be a bug in the player. It does the same for me although I verified that the pedal mode is changing. A test is to put it the standard way and then play one of the woodwinds - you will get sustained notes. Then change the pedal mode to the recommended one which is the second mode in the drop down - you will then notice that the notes aren\'t sustaining and that the legato mode is working.

I don\'t understand. Haydn, the way you describe the function is exactly as it is described in the manual - so I don\'t get \"it\'s a bug in the player\".

Originally posted by Haydn:
    Rick,

This appears to be a bug in the player. It does the same for me although I verified that the pedal mode is changing. A test is to put it the standard way and then play one of the woodwinds - you will get sustained notes. Then change the pedal mode to the recommended one which is the second mode in the drop down - you will then notice that the notes aren\'t sustaining and that the legato mode is working.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Hayden, I\'ll give it a try.

Rick

Okay, all is well in GPO land. I love these solo violins.

He\'s saying it\'s a bug in the display...the player changes modes properly, but continues to only display \"pedal mode\".

It is definitely a display issue in the player. Kontakt itself does show you mode it is set for in Options. The player should do the same.

Go Back to forum