• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Waiting for GPO

Share/Bookmark

Waiting for GPO

I ordered GPO right after the first demos were posted at Gary\'s site. Anyone get their copy yet that ordered around that time?

Re: Waiting for GPO

I ordered mine about a week before that, and received GPO a few days ago. I suspect that yours will come on Monday or so.

David

Thanks David for the info. I can\'t Wait!!!

I ordered mine the first of october and I\'m still waiting, so probably you\'ll have to wait more.
    Michael

Cody,

I ordered on the 4th Nov and haven\'t had mine yet. Those of us who waited until after the demos will have to wait a little longer. I emailed them yesterday because I just realised that I didn\'t receive a confirmation. Did you guys?

Frank

No I didn\'t. I ordered over the phone. Should I be getting one?

Cody, That\'s cool. I\'m glad you didn\'t as that makes me the same! It looks like we\'re in the same boat!

Frank

I ordered over the phone and have received no confirmation either. I wish Gary would come back to life on his forum.

The EW guys seem to have left Dodge City, all is safe! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the feedback. It\'s reassuring to hear that no one has had confirmation....that must be their process or perhaps they\'re just way too busy. Must be hell for them at the moment so we\'ll just have to be patient. I think the fact that Gary hasn\'t posted for ages, added the follow up stuff on his website and doesn\'t answer the phone or emails is evidence that he\'s totally (un)indated!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

At least we\'ll get ours before Christmas, I would think, which is looking unlikely for a lot of folk. Fingers crossed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

The fact that he\'s clearly inundated is good for us, in the long term, as a very popular piece of software will ensure great support and enable brilliant upgrades and addons to be produced which is going to be marvellous. I can foresee a GPO club type atmosphere happening and perhaps a dedicated forum.

I mentioned in a post recently that the Achilles heel of MIDI files is that you have to tweak them if you change instruments or even change to a different sample. This was the idea behind General MIDI, but even the instrumental variations from manufacturer to manufacturer made sure that this didn\'t work perfectly. A huge advantage of everyone working with GPO is that I could post a MIDI file, for example, and someone else would hear the piece EXACTLY the same as me if the programme was set to its default settings. OK, you will actually need a Kompakt player file to retain ambience/ filter settings etc. This promises to be very valuable and a great step forward. That\'s why Gary has promised MIDI files on his website. Someone\'s clearly put a lot of thought into this and where it is likely to lead.

Really, GPO could be seen as the new Orchestral General MIDI. A \'Word\' of a word processor.

I think Gary\'s crew have lost some of their preparation time due to the Time and Space catalogue leak and this has probably been coupled with a much underestimated demand. I guess they\'re only a small business and perhaps they\'ve even had illness...who knows.

Maybe Gary\'s been shot by one of his competitors!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Perhaps they promised themselves a short holiday after the release.

At least this makes a change from speculating about GS3, doesn\'t it!

Have you heard Houston\'s piano demo??? Go listen! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I haven\'t heard anything that\'s from this library yet!

Frank

Go Back to forum