• Register
  • Help

Topic: gary, ? about reverb and notation in GPO

Share/Bookmark

gary, ? about reverb and notation in GPO

hi,

i have already pre ordered but i was just curious if the ambience reverb plug in is an audio unit and osx compatible as well since i use logic 6. if not will it work with the standalone version?

also is the notation program osx compatible.

thanks again for such a groundbreaking product and such personal service when i had questions before ordering you have a customer for life.

mark walker

Re: gary, ? about reverb and notation in GPO

Ambience works in OSX as an AU plugin. If you\'re eager, you can do a google on Ambience and download a working demo (with annoying nag screen) from the developer, Magnus something ...

Trond

Does Ambience, and GPO for that matter, work with Cubase SX on a Mac with Panther?

anyone know about the notation program and osx?

i have ambience and i like the vst version a lot better. better gui, and you have presets. the au version is cool but the vst version is much nicer. btw, if you have never used ambience, i think you will be surprisingly pleased.

Is it just me, or do the demos, which use Ambience, seem to have a very artificial sounding reverb? The Bach organ piece, in particular, seems to have a very unrealistic decay. Too metalic, I think.

The samples, of course, sound great! So, I\'m not too worried, as I believe I can apply a better reverb myself.

Just wanted other opinions.

Meanska,

Sheeesh, you get a full orchestra plus other major goodies - including an amazingly good sounding freebie reverb - and you pick on it :-)

Users with Altiverb or other high end reverbs will certainly use them when they print, when such detail is an issue. I think most people will just be grateful they have ambience, especially if they don\'t already have a credible soft-verb.

Trond

Originally posted by Tarkio Road:
    Does Ambience, and GPO for that matter, work with Cubase SX on a Mac with Panther?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, as VST\'s.

Trond

You can\'t always trust the sound of reverb tales on MP3\'s. I was just listening to a CD of demos in which outboard reverb and Ambience are used. Ambience sounds about just as good as my much more expensive outboard verb that cost much more than GPO.

Go Back to forum