• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help

Share/Bookmark

Help

Hey all, I was referred here by a friend of mine who composes for TV and film. I am interested in adding a set of sampled sounds to my studio.

My studio setup as far as recording and keyboards goes is pretty simple:

Mac G4 (512mb ram, 733mhz etc)
    Kurzweil K2000
    Logic Audio Platinum

I\'ve heard the Garritan Personal Orchestra demos, and I am really impressed with them. I was wonder exactly what it would take to get it up and running with logic so I could play the samples from the keyboard, and be able to record and notate with them in Logic?

Thanks for the help,
    Jeremy

Re: Help

Jeremy,

What version of Logic Platinum and what Mac OS are you using??

Trond

Hey all, I was referred here by a friend of mine who composes for TV and film.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wasn\'t a relative by the name of Basil? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Logic Audio 4.8.1 currently (I know....OOOOLLLLDDDD). I\'m upgrading it around the holidays, to version 6. As well as adding EXS24. I\'m currently running Mac OS 9.2

Basil Poledouris is among my favorite composers of all time, hence the name hehe.

Jeremy

I\'m a mac user too, and as I understood the kontakt player (that runs the samples and supports the maestro tool) will run only on mac os X and probably after some time (?) Native Instrument will release a os 9 version.
    That\'s what I understood
    Michael

Funny, my understanding was that Kontakt runs on OS9 and OSX support came with version 1.5. ??

I could be wrong. Someone should check the site.

Jeremy,

The Kontakt player for GPO is initially being released for OSX only, just like the full Kontakt 1.5, which will read and play the library. So you\'ll need Logic6 for OSX, as well as OSX itself. NI states that OS9 support is forthcoming for Kontakt 1.5, but they haven\'t provided a timeline that I am aware of.

I am currently using Kontakt 1.5 in Digital Performer 4.11 and OSX 10.3 Panther to test the library. I have a reasonably large orchestra running in under 500 MB RAM.

It will be similar in Logic, though the current Kontakt 1.5 release appears to need some tweaking to work properly in Logic 6.3.1 under Panther. NI is working on this. I\'m reading reports of better performance in Logic under 10.2.x Jaguar for the time being, but I\'m sure that\'s transient.

For those of you running GigaStudio, while sequencing on a Mac, note that GPO works great on a PC in a VST host, and you can stream your audio into the Mac, just like you do with Gigastudio. GPO ships dual-platform.

Hope this helps,
    Trond

So basically what you\'re all saying is I need:

Logic 6
    GPO
    Kontakt
    OSX
    and perhaps more RAM?

no, you don\'t need kontakt becuase a kontakt player is given to you with GPO. So you need OSX and Logic 6 (or 5).
    Michael

no, you don\'t need kontakt becuase a kontakt player is given to you with GPO. So you need OSX and Logic 6 (or 5).
    Michael

Go Back to forum