• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS + GS 160 bundle is gone...

Share/Bookmark

GOS + GS 160 bundle is gone...

I was planning on purchasing the GOS + GS 160 bundle for $995 this week, but I just noticed that the bundle is no longer listed on the Garritan website. I really can\'t afford to buy both GOS and GigaStudio at the full price, so I may have to start looking at alternatives.

Some of the things I\'ve been reading have aroused my interest about Kontakt. Does Kontakt really faithfully import and utilize GigaStudio samples? Would it be a bad idea for me to purchase Kontakt at this point, considering that most of the libraries I\'m interested in purchasing are in Giga format? I\'m totally open to the idea of using Kontakt rather than GigaStudio so long as Garritan, Dan Dean and SAM libraries will work.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Re: GOS + GS 160 bundle is gone...

Hi Music Man, the current version of Kontakt can import .gig files. It depends on the complexity of the .gig file how well the import goes - some programming made for Gigastudio you must manually fix, it\'s however quite easy to do. I just bought Kontakt few weeks ago and I managed to import my giga files (Gos Lite, Vota, Bob, W-Woodwinds) about 98% perfect.
    Kontakt v. 1.3 is coming out soon and they say that .gig import will improve in that version. So stay tuned. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Falcon,
    can you tell me how you did this?
    Markus.

Hi Markus, it was easy - really just a drag-and-drop and then small tweaks here and there. For example: Cross-fading (I think it\'s called that) don\'t import well but it\'s a easy fix.

Is there something particular which you want/need to know?

Originally posted by The Music Man:
    Some of the things I\'ve been reading have aroused my interest about Kontakt. Does Kontakt really faithfully import and utilize GigaStudio samples?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In my experience, the answer is yes and no. If it doesn\'t crash during the import, then it imports flawlessly; otherwise, you\'re hosed. I ended up buying a copy of Translator from Chicken Systems, and it was able to convert all of my Giga stuff to Kontakt without relatively little fuss.

Originally posted by The Music Man:
    I was planning on purchasing the GOS + GS 160 bundle for $995 this week, but I just noticed that the bundle is no longer listed on the Garritan website. I really can\'t afford to buy both GOS and GigaStudio at the full price, so I may have to start looking at alternatives.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Music Man,

I can still extend the bundle to you. I have a few left. Please call or email me if you are interested.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum