• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wami Rack 192L/X

Share/Bookmark

Wami Rack 192L/X

I have a Wami Rack 192L and it comes with a virtual audio router where I can route the GSIF audio outputs to the EWDM audio inputs so it can be recorded by Sonar directly - without passing through any physical wires or mixers.

Re: Wami Rack 192L/X

duhhh... forgive this post. This is meant as a reply to \"Easy conversion to Audio with Sonar?\"

Hi Owel,.

Since you are on the subject, can you direct me to some links to this? Sounds like an intriguing work around.

All of the Audiotrak (Maya 44, etc.) and Egosys (Waveterminal etc.) should come bundled with directwire, which should take care of any internal routing.

You can also look into virtual audio cables like these:

http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm

I believe there are freeware cables available, but can\'t remember where. Do a Google search.

Owel,

Wow! That card (WaMi Rack 192L) has been on my mind for almost a year now! I\'m dying to hear your findings. Especially about the DirectWire thing, sound, latency, extra latency with DirectWire, etc.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Owel,

Wow! That card (WaMi Rack 192L) has been on my mind for almost a year now! I\'m dying to hear your findings. Especially about the DirectWire thing, sound, latency, extra latency with DirectWire, etc.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">OK, please, pretty please? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

------------
    Alex Cremers

Ahem, ahem! Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pleaaasse?

------------
    Alex Cremers

I\'d also be interested in your opinions of this card as it\'s on my short list with Echo MiaMidi, and Terratec DMX 6fire. The reviewers of the ego/esi cards, in Sound on Sound, were saying that the Direct wire was unique, life easing and had no competition.

Very tempting.

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Ahem, ahem! Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pleaaasse?
    ------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ooops... sorry, I didn\'t got to visit this post and didn\'t see your request.

I\'ve had it for more than a year now. I\'m very happy with it. It can take anything I throw at it. Supports GSIF, EWDM, and ASIO. Previously, I\'ve been using EWDM with Sonar, then I switched to ASIO and there\'s been no crashes. No noticeable difference either. Pretty solid with Sonar using either EWDM or ASIO. Works great with Gigastudio.

It\'s got 4 XLR mic inputs too, with level controls. A headphone output with level control. Can record at 96Khz, and playback at 192Khz. And it\'s got 1 midi in, 1 midi out too. I\'m using with Windows 2000 and it\'s solid.

I\'ve been pretty brutal with using this sound card. I can be playing back recorded tracks from Sonar, while recording new tracks back into Sonar... the new tracks I\'m recording could be the GSIF audio streaming back into Sonar using Directwire, or coming from my mixer (via the ALT3/4 channel). No skips, no pops.... even when I had only an AMD 850Mhz, now I\'m running AMD 2+Ghz

Latency? What latency? If I remember right, my latency is 2.9ms in Sonar using EWDM or ASIO. To give some breathing room to my CPU, I increased the buffer slightly to give me 5+ ms. Still not noticeable when playing.

The directwire? Ooohhh that is so sweet. One example I\'ve given is recording the Giga audio outputs back into Sonar without any need for wires. Another example is recording Sonar\'s mix output into Sound Forge 6.0. (Yes, I\'m running Sonar, Sound Forge and Giga on the same PC!)

Other nice stuff about the Wami Rack. It\'s rack-mounted.... so it looks professional, rather than having a bunch of wires sticking out your PC and using RCA to 1/4\" jack adapters.

All this for $350-$370 I think. The 192X is double the price because it can record at 192Khz! Mine can only do 96Khz... so it\'s inferior compared to the 192X [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum