• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bank/patch change from controller

Share/Bookmark

Bank/patch change from controller

I posted this question under another topic but just reposting to see if I can get more answers..sorry if this is clogging up space!
    This is concerning patch change commands from a MIDI controller rather than manually editiing it in the software.

I use gigastudio with HS2002, and recently purchased the Radium controller, with the DREAM of being able to produce realistic sounds using mod wheel etc.,

I have been also trying to send patch change commands from the controller but somoehow my software does not recongnized it. If I issue a program change and entered a patch number, somehow GS never chooses the right bank, it always defaults to bank zero.
    Any feedback on whether this is possible? I would imaging composers with software synths definitely would have encountered this need and must have solved it. This would be a huge benefit. For example take a passage like the opening movement of the fifth. How painful it is just record a marcato patch for the first 3 notes and then do a patch change (to a more sustained patch) in the software, and then record the forth note separately!

I would rather like to control the patch change as I play.

Any inputs greatly appreciated!!

Re: Bank/patch change from controller

Do you use Cakewalk Sonar or Pro Audio ? I have made a CAL Program (include in the update) who can associate a short note(f. ex. 32th) with staccato patch, a medium note (f. ex. 16th) with a marcato patch and a long note (f. ex. Whole) with a sustain note. And it works very well ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Bank/patch change from controller

thanks,...
    I only have HS2002 which probably doesnt support this...

but I am intrigued as to how this is possible. I understand this will work if I write on the staff sheet, so the program knows what length of note is to be played next. But if I am using an external controller how would the sequencer know for how long you are going to press the note before calling the right patch?

Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
    Do you use Cakewalk Sonar or Pro Audio ? I have made a CAL Program (include in the update) who can associate a short note(f. ex. 32th) with staccato patch, a medium note (f. ex. 16th) with a marcato patch and a long note (f. ex. Whole) with a sustain note. And it works very well ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum