• Register
  • Help

Topic: Update path for 24 bit Giga v3.0?

Share/Bookmark

Update path for 24 bit Giga v3.0?

The title says it all. I\'m thinking about Garritan but definitely don\'t want to be stranded at 16 bit. I know the original session was run at 16 bit so.....?

Cheers

Re: Update path for 24 bit Giga v3.0?

Actually I think the original GOS sessions were made at 24-bit and dithered down to 16? Gary can correct me if I\'m wrong but as I understand it, there\'s a pending 24-bit Kontakt upgrade for all users, plus a Giga 3.0 upgrade will be available soon after its release... whenever that occurs?

Originally posted by JWB:
    Actually I think the original GOS sessions were made at 24-bit and dithered down to 16? Gary can correct me if I\'m wrong but as I understand it, there\'s a pending 24-bit Kontakt upgrade for all users, plus a Giga 3.0 upgrade will be available soon after its release... whenever that occurs?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The original GOS sessions were in fact recorded in 24 bit with four mike placements. Since Giga did not support 24 bit we dithered down to 16 bits using the UV22 process. We have gone back to the source material and are working on 24bit versions. Like everyone else, we are waiting for Giga 3.0 which reputedly will support 24bit samples. In the meantime, we\'ll have an exciting announcement in the weeks ahead.

Gary Garritan

will there be a upgrade option for owners of the lite version??

Go Back to forum