• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kings Strings Demo with bow noise etc.

Share/Bookmark

Kings Strings Demo with bow noise etc.

Hi folks, here\'s my first humble contribution on NS [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I made this little demo displaying use of Ashifs Hollywood strings yesterday.
    To me these samples gives a whole new dimension of expressive playing with GOS.

http://nicklas-schmidt.com/demo/a-piece-of-string.mp3

I used for all sections the KI-Vibrato EXP patches layered with the new bow noise from the recent update.
    EQ and position is the GOS-setup1 and in the end was added extra room with the GOS impulse.

-Percussion is all G-town and SAM timp + the tamtam from the VSL demo cube
    -EW steinway
    -SAM flute FX

Hope you will enjoy!

Re: Kings Strings Demo with bow noise etc.

Very nice Niklas,

Like Sharmy, I haven\'t had time to get to all my updates. This is making me want to make time to play King\'s handi work. Thanks for the bow noise nod - I like what timbre it adds.

Rob

Thanks for the kind word Rob and (once again) hail to da King [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I have also been lacking time for the past half year or so, but finally there\'s a good chunk now for digging into the treasure. Those runs and slides that Tom displayed are quite promising also. Could be nice to aply it to some litterature passages...

This is the best I\'ve heard GOS sound, by far. Now it sounds real. If KI is responsible for this he\'s transformed the library. (now where did I chuck that update??)

Very nice work!

I gotta really start messing with King\'s updates. There is a very nice warmth in these patches.

Chris

Originally posted by ChrisAxia:

I gotta really start messing with King\'s updates. There is a very nice warmth in these patches.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah this is really great new material and the bow noise gives it the extra touch.. I even just used the \"all strings noise\", so if each group was doubled with each their belonging noisefile it might come more alive.

BTW: Did anyone try to apply the bownoise to other string libraries??
    I only own the old Roland JV-expansion orchestral board apart from GOS [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nicklas,

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing your music. It is a good example of what can be done with King\'s Strings. King spent a lot of time weaving his magic and creating a very unique sound.

Gary

cool stuff [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Gary, King, Sharmy for encouraging, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

www.nicklas-schmidt.com/demo/daydreaming.mp3

I put a more classical example together last night
    using just 4 patches:
    -The KI-all strings vibrato EXP (with raised lo/mid using nfx eq)
    -KI-doublebass p (adding some \"wrong notes\" and warmth to the low end)
    -EW steinway
    -all string bow noise

And this is the sweet part:
    The strings is one take!! Right out of the box. Only slightly modulation added and a midi ritardando in the end.
    The music was inspired by Ravel\'s Piano concerto in G 2nd movement.

Nah, you\'re not fooling me this time: these are real strings, right?

Originally posted by unison:
    [QB

BTW: Did anyone try to apply the bownoise to other string libraries??
    I only own the old Roland JV-expansion orchestral board apart from GOS [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can testify to the effect of adding bow noise. Although I haven\'t tried the GOS noise, I \'ve long been using bow noise extracted from US and layering it with GOS, KH, US and AO. With the CC changes controlling dynamics removed from the bow noise track and attenuated correctly, the bow noise shines through when the strings play at softer dynamics. This makes a massive difference to realism. Further realism is added to the attacks: in instruments where attacks are artificially slowed by amplitude envelope, having fast attack bow noise layered in makes it sound like a more realistic slow bow.

Go Back to forum