• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prelude and Fugue on themes from "Final Fantasy" (Garritan Steinway)

Share/Bookmark

Prelude and Fugue on themes from "Final Fantasy" (Garritan Steinway)

After a long summer of concerts, gigs, and wonderful experiences with music, time to post something new since I've been able to write something new. Today, I'd like to share with you a re-work of something from another composer...call it a tribute, and in this case to Nobuo Uematsu, composer for Square-Enix software house creator of the Final Fantasy saga soundtrack, something which inspired me a lot during this years, and to Johann Sebastian Bach, in my opinion, the best composer and innovator ever. I took 4 main themes from the FF saga and re-worked them in the form of the "prelude and fugue" for piano solo.

Themes used are:

Opening (FFVII) - used as the introduction of the entire work
    The Prelude (FFIV) - used as the "engine" of the prelude and in the second part as the singing voice
    Main Theme (FFVII) - It's the first theme which enters soon after the introduction and which reappears at the end, mutated
    Final Fantasy Theme - used as the theme of the fugue

Hope you'll enjoy this little thing I made using the Garritan Steinway Basic, all played LIVE!

Prelude And Fugue on themes from "Final Fantasy"

Best,

Andrea
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: Prelude and Fugue on themes from "Final Fantasy" (Garritan Steinway)

Gorgeous interpretation, much enjoyed! Much better then my feeble attempts to plunk through "To Zanarkand" which has been a practice piece of mine for an embarrassing number of years now.

Well, "To Zanarkand" it's quite an effort, especially the Piano Collections version ;-) I remember playing that tune some time ago, always an enjoyable piece to perform on piano =) Anyway, thanks for enjoying this little work I made =)

Best,

Andrea
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Very well performed!
    I am not familiar with the "original" version of this music, but what is played here sounds very original in itself.

Bravo!

Go Back to forum