• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo Strings how are they coming along?

Share/Bookmark

Solo Strings how are they coming along?

Hi Gary- just curious how this project is coming along and when we might learn any news. Also any more thought on releasing the 24 bit original library for advanced strings?

Re: Solo Strings how are they coming along?

Originally posted by žETH:
    Hi Gary- just curious how this project is coming along and when we might learn any news.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Solo strings are coming along just fine. I strongly believe that this library will raise the bar considerably. We sampled quality instruments - Stradivari, Amati & Guarneri. We are doing things with samples that have never been done before and providing new realms of expression and playability.

What we are developing goes far beyond what Giga 2.5 can now handle. So we absolutely need Giga 3.0. We also want to assess the current bumper crop of new libraries coming to market. As soon as we hear any news of 3.0 we\'ll be in a better position to assess when we can expect to release this library.

Thanks for asking,

Gary Garritan

I\'m really looking forward to this!!

Hi Gary,

So what is it about 3.0 that makes it necessary to wait? Just interested, not meaning to pry into any trade secrets! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I can answer this one with basic speculation

More dimensions, better dimension flexibility. More control features, etc [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

King, is there an ETA on Giga 3.0?

No one has any clue on 3.0, but a senior person from Tascum reported it deffently would not be MAY of this year as someone else reported it would be. I\'m personally shooting towards September or October, but thats just my intuition.

Although the VSL pro edition said that it would release with 3.0 this summer so who knows?

Go Back to forum