• Register
  • Help

Topic: King...small prob with grand detache

Share/Bookmark

King...small prob with grand detache

Hi King...there\'s a really annoying click on one of the Grand Detache notes and I can\'t, for the life of me, get rid of it. It\'s the 29Ln3hB5.wav in the 1st Violins Grand Sustain, and it happens in the left channel at the first \"Sutaining Loop\" point...the right channel is fine. No matter what I try and do it just makes the click more obvious. Any suggestions, quick fixes? I live by the grand detaches, but this click is happening on a prominent note in my mix and its driving me nuts. I actually heard it on a demo from someone else so I know its not just me. Any chance this was fixed on the upcoming updates? Many thanks!
    -Hudson

Re: King...small prob with grand detache

Hey Hudson,

Its probably a problem created by the way I \"elongated\" the detaches. All I can say is try some sort of declicking software, or edit the sample witha splice and crossfade. I\'m sorry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Its sort of an issue that came with the territory, added on the fact that I did these for myself, kind of forgetting to over analyze each sample to its fullest (also because I actually liked some of the \"problems\" in most mixes.)

I\'ll go over the note, I might be able to make an impulse that will fix it, or even better a wave file that will invert the phase the click, making it disappear when you mix it with the original sample.

what software are you using? I could find a way to make it possible for us to share marker file data and such to \"edit\" it on your computer.

Once the new update reaches you, I have a feeling you\'ll toss the Looped Detaches in favor of these.

Ted,

I\'ve created some \"elongated\" and looped variation of the Violin and Viola detache samples. It was given out to GOS Advanced users in the last free update, along with some \"Aggressive\" short bows I created in the violas, cellos, and basses. Unfortunately its not available to LITE version owners.

Hi King,

Thanks so much for responding! And please...no apolgies necessary...if it wasn\'t for you I wouldn\'t have these babies at all, and that would be tragic. I was using Sound Forge 6 to try and edit it, but my skills in that department seem to be limited. I couldn\'t even figure out if the actual tick was on, before or after the loop marker even at max zoom...there\'s no visible spike or anything, that tricky little bugger...I just tried a few other things and I didnt make any prgress. It just makes it worse. It\'s not a loop issue, per say, because the sample isn\'t looping during playback in the editor.
    If you have a chance to check it out, that\'d be great. If not, I\'ll just wait for the updates you mentioned and hope they\'re not too different for this piece. Thanks again, King!
    -Hudson

Hudson,

Just as a side note: I have checked reports of the Grand Sustain B5 “click” several times but it does not appear on my system. I’m not sure if this is a soundcard variable, a clocking variable, or just my old ears coming up short – but what I can’t hear, I can’t fix. Perhaps you and Ashif can get to the bottom of it.

Ted,

As Ashif said, the extended and looped Grand Detaches (known as the Grand Sustains) are only available in the full version of GOS, not the Lite. They were constructed by Ashif in Vegas using multiple crossfades followed with looping. If you were adventurous you could try duplicating that technique for the detache samples in the Lite version.

Tom

Hi:

Please don\'t be mad that this is not His Majesty answering. What grabbed me in your question to him is that you live by the detaches.
    I love the sound of them in my Lite version also, but for most of my work the \"detachment\" is happening too soon. Is it possible to strech this sample\'s sustained portion? How? You are also saying that the click is happening at a loop point? Is it looped? Not on my Lite version.
    Sorry, don\'t answer this until you solved your problem, I\'ll understand.
    Thanks

Ted

Go Back to forum