• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wanting to hear hall of the mountain king

Share/Bookmark

Wanting to hear hall of the mountain king

Hey I was wondering if there has been anyone that has attempted to compare the strings with GOS or any other string library\'s to that tune. ( i just watched \"Rat Race\" (scene with the brothers trapped on the radar)last night again and it made me wonder what GOS could do with it. If anyone else has coverd any other famous pieces such as this or possibly William tell overture and could post a link to hear it or just give their opinions, that would be awesome to compare!

Re: Wanting to hear hall of the mountain king

For that piece the only comparison I can offer is between GOS and the Roland Sound Canvas. Really no comparison but...I\'m in the process of converting and re-mixing. I\'ll post it soon.

The new GOS version is now ready to be heard.

I mixed tight and loose pizzicatos and martele with some of the new aggressive short bows. I used Dan Dean Brass Ensembles and London Ochestral Percussion and Ultimate Timpani. The woodwinds are custom

In the Hall of the Mountain King

This was very interesting: I liked it. Make sure Gary G. hears this. Your web page is interesting: the NFX eq was very similar to what I did some time ago:
    http://www.sierra-trails.com/radarmusiclinks/soitgos.htm
    Hopefully all this will be rendered moot by KingIdiot\'s GOS update \"Hollywood Strings\".
    Never knew what a Roland VS-880 was till now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum